Forums

Help › Forums

Literal Scramble

Sat, Feb 27 2010 4:24 PM (63 replies)
  • lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 12:07 PM

coolswing:

Thanks to K for a really fun game, much harder than we thought but very interesting anyway.

I have a question Rob, is being on the fringe of the green considered as on the green or not ? on the scorecard it say not on green but then that's up to Rob to decide.  what can one do in that situation ?

Cool,

The fringe is not considered the putting surface, therefore it is not considered  a green in regulation. No penalty is given.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 12:24 PM

Sorry Rob,  I hope you didn't think I was making a decision for you I was simply expressing my opinion.  That being said, wasn't the ability too use irons on the greens taken away from  us months ago.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 12:46 PM

Sal i still love you

and after all........... We still have Reno

:)

lmao

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 1:27 PM

Man, this format is tough! And blue tees to boot ... but still a great tourney nevertheless.

zant - 42 (+6)

gaoerfuqiu - 47 (+11)

Thanks a lot, zant, for the match, always a pleasure to play with you! Good luck in the rest of the tournament.

Thanks also to Rob on starting and most likely completing his first organized community tournament - you're doing a great job! I hope to see you around here with more awesome tourney ideas :-)

Good luck to all remaining participants and see ya around the course!

• zant
    319 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 1:31 PM

Round 1 Zant 42(+6)  &  Gaoerfuqiu   47(+11)

Sorry Gao  that clubs let you down few times and you hit few green instead of the rough.Didn't think i would ever tell it in this game lol, but for this tourney it's true.

Good luck fellas,better practice before playing you round,it's harder than you would think.

• thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 5:06 PM

Rob,

As PGA guy I have rules question for you...this is to poke a little fun response.  If I was to hit a par 5 in two then putted the ball off the green and chipped back on.  Would they consider this a green in regulation.  I know the answer just see if any one else does.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 5:30 PM

TB,

Regardless of the fact if you hit the ball on the green in actual regulation; take your par 5 for example say you hit it on in 2 shots and then your putt is hit off the green. As long as your ball come to stop on the green on your second you are considered on in regulation. I dont advise anyone going for the par 5's in 2 :)

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 6:20 PM

wow

just had one brutal match with badaboom. We took turns putting the pressure on each other. was a well fought match. It took 3holes of sudden death to determine a winner.

I thought my odds of winning were about the same as me winning the loto. Guess i better go buy some tickets :)

lilrob88: +3

badaboom: +3

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 6:58 PM

What a cool format ... and much, much tougher than it looks on paper.

Me and Gazz had it all figured out ... for 2 holes. On the 3rd, we both laid up nice ... then we both failed to get on the green in 3, slow greens didn't help -gazz takes 6, I card a 5 to take the lead, which I promplty gave back on the 4th hole. We both lipped out putts on 5 and settled for bogeys...still all tied up.

On the 6th, Gazz got metered big-time and ended up on the putting surface ... automatic 6 for him, and looking like a 2 stroke lead for me - my putter had different ideas, though and a 5 was the best i could do. Jeff up by 1 and we matched bogeys & pars for the last 3 holes.

FINAL SCORE ... Jeffdos924: +5 ( 41)

Fuzzygazz :  +6 ( 42)

If not for the penalty on the 6th, we could have still been playing ... no telling how it might have turned out without that., but it was fun as hell ,regardless.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 7:27 PM

Only a Koont could come up with a format like this.  It was a lot of fun .. you should do another one of these as a 3 or 4 round stroke play tourney next.

I got my fat ass kicked .... Kevin played great ... 7 one putts all from within 3 feet of the pin ... one tough 2 putt and a chip in.  

Kevinlovelass = 36 .. great par

lvietri = 40 or 41 .. I forget .. either way I got whupped.

RSS