Forums

Help › Forums

Literal Scramble

Sat, Feb 27 2010 4:24 PM (63 replies)
  • lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 12:45 PM
    ***THIS TOURNAMENT IS COMPLETED***

I've been wanting to try and run a tourney for quite some time. With the cold weather setting in no times seems better to do so than now. I've been trying to come up with a concept that was a little outside the box; something different........

Well I think I finally came up with a neat one. The name of this game is a "Literal Scramble"

OVERVIEW AND RULES OF THE GAME

Sometimes on this game the ability to get up and down after missing the green is forgotten about. Well this tourney is formated to test your ability to get up and down after missing the green.

On any hole what so ever no player is allowed to hit the green in regulation. meaning there should be no putting for birdies what so ever. Par is the name of the game here. your ability to chip, pitch, flop, or even hit full wedges into greens will be tested.

EX: lets take hole #1 on Bethpage. Par4. I hit tee shot down fairway, generally at this point I hit 2nd shot onto green, well not this time :) You must layup your second shot short of the green. The distance you choose is irrelevant as long as you do not hit the green.

: players will play in groups of two. If any player accidentally hits a green in regulation that player automatically recieves a double bogey and is added to to his/her score after the round is completed. It is the responsibility of the other individual in the group to report any greens that the other player hit in regulation.

All round will be played in practice mode and from the blue tees. Longer distance gives more room to play with. Once sign ups are complete i will post round speculations.

There will be two flights. I will flight you accordingly. lowest score wins the match.

DISCONNECTION AND OR INABILITY TO GET MATCH IN

in the event of a disconnection the player who was not disconnected has the option of whether or not to allow the match to restart. I am not requiring a restart. Seems a little rude of me, yes., but once again it is the playes choice of what to do.

In the event you are having trouble getting the match in with your opponet due to inactivity please let me know and i will act accordingly.

A REQUEST

I ask only one thing. Please do not sign up with for this tourney if you are only the ocassioanal user of WGT. 16 is a small number of players and should take no more than a little over a week to complete. I ask that all matches are completed within 48hrs of being posted.

I will do my best to make sure this runs smoothly. please sign up on this page and i will scribble you down on my list of participants.

SPREADSHEET

Keep up with all the action and pairings here

Tournament Bracket

If you have any questions please feel free to ask

Rob

Having technical difficulties with my pretty bracket. Once the issue is resolved i will publish it once more, for now this bracket will serve the purpose.

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 1:01 PM

Looks good man, sign me up! Pro, avg about 69. Good luck with your first tourney!

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 4:39 PM

I'm in ... i should win this easily .. i never hit greens ... :)   Master ... average anywhere between 65 and 75 depending on how much money is no the match.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 12:45 AM

No GIR's ..... talk about a tourny made for me..lol.

Coont me in, Rob.... Master - 67ish

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 1:27 AM

Very interesting format Rob, good job buddy.  Please sign me up -

coolswing  -   Master   - 62.43

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 2:00 AM

sign me up robb         salamii  master  -61.77

• zant
    319 Posts