Forums

Help › Forums

Farewell YankeeJim

Sun, Jul 25 2021 9:58 AM (132 replies)
  • RoggRR
    584 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2021 4:53 PM

Oh man. Another big loss for the community.
    So sad to hear this. My condolences to his wgt friends and family

RIP Jim.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2021 5:26 PM

At the request of Jim's son Jake,  Jim's service will be streamed on Thursday February 11th at 5:00pm eastern time.  All are welcome to join.  I also included Jim's obituary below.

Please allow yourself time to log in before the service as there may be an application to download.

Join from PC, MAC, Linux, iOS or Android:

https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/1485652325?pwd=U2IMOGtIVVRubjJQSXF1NDNLR2d5UT09

Meeting ID: 148 565 2325

Password: beyer

For the best audio experience, please use computer audio.

Or Telephone:

1 (470) 869-2200

https://www.newcomerrochester.com/Obituary/195700/James-Beyer/Rochester-NY

• viduka9
    50 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2021 6:50 PM

To all of Yankee Jim's family and friends, and CC members,   BOOOOM CC would like to pass on our condolences. Me and Mongo would play Jim every morning ( Sydney time) atleast 3-5 times a week . Good guy, good player, extremely funny, and at times a pain in the ass ( dropping putts from 25+ to tie games). 

We would of played him 1-2 days  out from his passing which is very surreal and sad.

Again condolences to all that where close to him.  

RIP James   ....

• Shawnskey
    454 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2021 7:25 PM

Yes, condolences as well to his family & friends -

.. a 'HUGE' loss to ALL that read forum, and  to 'WGT'  as I would read his forum posts. I never had the pleasure to have played with him or against him. I did read countless posts.

RIP Jim.

• tino345
    24 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2021 9:42 PM

RIP Yankee Jim 

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2021 1:31 AM

I was a member of  Cosa Nostra CC for a number of years- and of course Jim was forever, and I teased him endlessly on the forum rat thing. (Hey, 26,000 posts, really? lol). Pretty sure that is the all time record and will never be matched.

Seriously, his advice was almost  always spot on, clear and to the point, in a uniquely yankeejim style. And, when I (rarely) countered in the forums with another- different opinion, the game was on! (JIm was most certainly a man of his convictions, a good thing).

No doubt, a one of a kind, an original, never to be replicated on WGT. And, a helluva player. His presence clearly will be missed by anyone who had the privilege of knowing him.

Peace, Jimbo

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2021 2:19 AM

hpurey:

At the request of Jim's son Jake,  Jim's service will be streamed on Thursday February 11th at 5:00pm eastern time.  All are welcome to join.  I also included Jim's obituary below.

Please allow yourself time to log in before the service as there may be an application to download.

Join from PC, MAC, Linux, iOS or Android:

https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/1485652325?pwd=U2IMOGtIVVRubjJQSXF1NDNLR2d5UT09

Meeting ID: 148 565 2325

Password: beyer

For the best audio experience, please use computer audio.

Or Telephone:

1 (470) 869-2200

https://www.newcomerrochester.com/Obituary/195700/James-Beyer/Rochester-NY

Thanks H

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2021 4:44 PM

Can I please ask that someone record the service and post it , I am sure some members might not be able to be there at that time . 

OPY

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2021 12:15 PM

opyeuclid:

Can I please ask that someone record the service and post it , I am sure some members might not be able to be there at that time . 

OPY

I was just going to ask that Opey, Thursday is the first day of my work week and I will be in bed at the time of the service, 

• gatorbilly
    608 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2021 12:30 PM

I always felt privileged to call Jim my friend,, during our many alt shot games, we would argue about those dam yanks and my red sox..it was fun and I will miss that  He was a class act!!  Billy

RSS