Forums

Help › Forums

Farewell YankeeJim

Sun, Jul 25 2021 9:58 AM (132 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2021 3:33 PM

Been trying to collect myself.  I can't.  

Remember Jim for what he did here, help anyone who needed it,  Clubs, advice, and an ear.  Damn.  

I'm sorry, I'm just real sad.

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2021 5:39 PM
    Condolences to Jim's family and all his friends here. RIP Jim....
  • douggongles
    889 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2021 5:50 PM

I still can't believe it. Damn, Jim was one of a kind, man. His passing just reminds me how delicate life really is. I can still hear him saying in an alt shot match...."a ding's in".....lol....gotta love him, man. I know it's a cyber space relationship, but it's hard not to get real attached to people here at WGT. Jake and family, I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you find peace in the fact that Jim's reach was world wide and he was loved by many. YJ, rest in peace my friend....till we meet again.

• acermichael
    6 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2021 6:03 PM

Rip  jim

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2021 6:15 PM

drmoose:
    YJ was one of the few WGT'ers it was my distinct pleasure to meet IRL.

I don't know how many of you had the chance to meet Jim IRL, but as Doc mentions above, I also had the pleasure to meet Jim IRL...on the same trip. Here is a picture of Lou, David, Erik, Doc and myself having dinner with Jim outside Cooperstown, NY after a golf trip back in 2018.

(left side, bottom to top) David, Erik & Jim

(right side, bottom to top) Lou, MC & drmoose

For anyone wishing to know how this meeting came about, you can read this-

https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/516429.aspx?PageIndex=1

This is how I'll remember Jim and the good ol' days of WGT.

R.I.P. Jim...and my condolences to Jim's family.

MC

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2021 1:58 AM

I heard the sad news last night. Jim helped me a lot wen I was new to the game and finding my way around, hell, he helped nearly everyone at some point.

A really great guy and a sad loss for our community but I'm sure a devastating one for his family.

Rest in peace Jim.

• fadduh
    4,112 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2021 2:59 AM

Rest easy my friend, prayers for Your Family and the great members at Cosa Nostra !

Kevin

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2021 5:21 AM

Champ and WGT staff,

I know the title Hall of Fame isn't originally designed for this, but would it be possible for you guys to grant it to anyone who loved the game, contributed so much and left this world unfortunately?

Jim immensely deserves it for sure IMO.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2021 5:28 AM

I remember couple of years back (?) reading an interview of YJ made by wgt, but i can't remember the thread or where i read it. It would be nice if anyone who remembers it, bring it here...

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2021 5:40 AM

Yiannis1970:

I remember couple of years back (?) reading an interview of YJ made by wgt, but i can't remember the thread or where i read it. It would be nice if anyone who remembers it, bring it here...

https://www.wgt.com/golfnews/archive/2016/03/08/wgt-19th-hole-yankeejim-an-east-coast-guy-with-a-lot-to-say.aspx

RSS