Forums

Help › Forums

Farewell YankeeJim

Sun, Jul 25 2021 9:58 AM (132 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2021 5:30 PM

Ive been at a loss for words since the first day of this thread . Jim and I had our moments and differences of opinions . Like most married couples we had our spats but never stayed mad for long .  I always respected him and liked him as well . He was always willing to help others and he was an overall great guy .

I will truly miss him and will always regret not getting the last word in :-) . I know that he`s in a better place and I will see him again one day . May GOD bless and keep him until then .

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2021 8:12 AM

borntobesting:

opyeuclid:

Can I please ask that someone record the service and post it , I am sure some members might not be able to be there at that time . 

OPY

I was just going to ask that Opey, Thursday is the first day of my work week and I will be in bed at the time of the service, 

I wish I could.  The only working computer I have at home right now is a work issued one.  Have been working from home since last April.  Don't have the ability to add any screen recording software to do so.

If anyone is able/willing to do so, please let us know.

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2021 10:00 AM

Due to a family situation, I couldn't bear to watch a funeral service at this time so I can't record it for that reason. But...

...if you have Windows 10 you can use the Xbox Game Bar to record your screen. Go into Windows settings > Gaming and set the Xbox Game Bar to on. Use Windows key + Alt + R to start and stop your recording. You will have a little pop-up on screen during the recording from where you can stop the recording and mute|unmute the audio recording. The pop-up will not appear in the recording.

In the left pane of the Xbox Game Bar settings window you will see Captures, click that. In the Captures settings window you will need to make sure the Only record game audio option is unchecked so that the service's audio is recorded.

Might be wise to make a test recording or two before time.

EDIT : Forgot to mention that any recordings made can be found in your videos library in a folder named Captures.
    ⇩ You're welcome Borat, thank you. ⇩

• Borat74
    2,788 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2021 10:41 AM

Thanks Scott

I just tested it and it works fine,but just in case it goes wrong,if someone else could also try it that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2021 12:30 PM

Oh hell, I have been away from the forums for a week only to see this thread.

Totally unbelievable it really saddens me, Jim was a great guy whether you were onboard with his opinions or not, That does not matter.

We build up friendships in this (get away from Real Life) World and I am gobsmacked along with everybody else at this very sad news.

Rest in Peace Jim

All the very best to his Family & Friends in Real Life, In CN and in WGT Land.

You will be missed my friend.

Sleep Well Bro

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2021 2:59 PM

ScottHope:

...if you have Windows 10 you can use the Xbox Game Bar to record your screen. Go into Windows settings > Gaming and set the Xbox Game Bar to on. Use Windows key + Alt + R to start and stop your recording. You will have a little pop-up on screen during the recording from where you can stop the recording and mute|unmute the audio recording. The pop-up will not appear in the recording.

In the left pane of the Xbox Game Bar settings window you will see Captures, click that. In the Captures settings window you will need to make sure the Only record game audio option is unchecked so that the service's audio is recorded.

Thanks Scott... I've been trying to get that to work since I found out it was going to be streamed.  Not sure what is stopping me but was a no go for my work computer.  Checked all the settings I could on it too.  

During the stream I noticed it said it was being recorded.  After a little time I may ask Jim's son if there's a way for it to be shared for YJ's WGT friends that were unable to make it tonight.

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2021 3:18 PM

Thanks hp. I'm sure it will be viewable somewhere.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2021 3:31 PM

hpurey:
    During the stream I noticed it said it was being recorded.

Yep, saw that too.

I tried to record it, but it said I had to ask someone for permission to do so and then the ceremony started and I didn't want to bother anyone. I should have logged in a few minutes earlier, sorry guys.

Nice to see you there Hazen.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2021 3:49 PM

mrcaddie:
    Nice to see you there Hazen

Likewise brother.  I was wearing my WGT jr. hat too.  Mainly because Jim's son asked me about it when he found the hat and a picture of Jim and some guys on his dresser.  I gave his son the back story behind the hat from the 2018 WGT IRL get together.

This was the picture Jim's son asked about...

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2021 2:37 AM

Very sorry to hear this and quite shocked.. I only played with him a few times but feel like I knew him from the forums. He will be greatly missed.

Les

RSS