I rented the Mizuno. Comparing to the L86 Cally that I had tested during the previous free rental weekend I found out that distancewise they perform pretty similar from tee, but there is a notable difference from fairway. With its slightly lower trajectory when hit form fairway, Mizuno carries shorter than Cally.
If anyone is interested here is the data, measured with both clubs at Kiawah 1 using rock (the free ball).
From tee (L90 Mizuno / L86 Cally):
- Carry with full backspin 242 / 242
- Apex, full backspin 93 / 96
- Total distance, no spin 256 / 258
- Carry, full backspin 217 / 221
- Apex, full backspin 69 / 72
- Total distance, no spin 234 / 235
*Edit: corrected data