Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2021

Wed, Jan 12 2022 5:48 PM (1,728 replies)
  • TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2021 6:31 AM

PAULFINN52:

QUICK UPDATE

WE STILL HAVE 10 4 TEAMS TO COME IN AND WE START IN 3 DAYS.

DOT CHECKS ALL TEAMS TO MAKE SURE THEIR NUMBERS/TIERS ARE CORRECT SO HE NEEDS TIME TO DO IT.

IM FED UP ALREADY OF ASKING CAPTAINS TO SEND THEIR TEAMS OVER AND WE HAVENT STARTED YET.

TEAMS TO COME IN

BLACK DIAMOND

PENALTY BOX 2

PENALTY BOX 3

INDIAN RED

THIS COMP CANT START WITHOUT ALL TEAMS IN SO GET THE MESSAGE AROUND TO ALL CAPTAINS.

Thanks to those Captains who have sent them in, PLEASE get the last 4 in ASAP so I can do the run through tests.

Thanks and Cheers

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2021 6:53 AM

JDGHOST:

In reading the rules on the "Handicap" it explains which players receive 2 air shots (or strokes) from which Tier players... But our "B-Team" players are not sure in the Match play format "When" in the round they receive those strokes ....I had assumed it was on the 2 hardest holes But that scenario only works for stroke play.... In "match"  play if the 2 hardest hole are late in the round the the match may not go that far? 

I apologize if I'm missing something but I read thru the rules twice ...Also If I am off base with the 2 hardest holes scenario which player dictates when the "air shot" is to take place?

JD

Hi JD, as in past years, finny will pick the holes and post them when he introduces that round. 

Cheers, 

Dotty

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2021 7:21 AM

yo JD

saw your question and this is how it goes and anyone not sure.

each course has a handicap chart rating  in difficulty hardest to easiest holes  1-18 ok.

i pick the 2 hardest holes on the chart rating and those holes the higher tier has to do an air shot for their second shot, as in pebble beach they are 6 and 14 handicap rating 1&2 hardest.

Pebble Beach scorecard

handicap chart on right hand side,

i know this game isnt real and most can smash these courses but its all i have to go by and as in these two holes most players can birdie anyway but the higher tier would need an eagle to equal the birdie.

hope that makes sense to you and anyone who is thinking the same.

i normally put the holes to have airshots as dots said on the day the round starts.

what i would stay is its up to both parties to talk about the airshots before  but if the match finishes then the result stands.

finny

• JDGHOST
    6,789 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2021 8:01 AM

Perfectly explained guys!! 

Cheers

JD

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2021 11:33 AM

TdotDoba:

PAULFINN52:

QUICK UPDATE

WE STILL HAVE 10 4 1 TEAMS TO COME IN AND WE START IN 3 DAYS.

DOT CHECKS ALL TEAMS TO MAKE SURE THEIR NUMBERS/TIERS ARE CORRECT SO HE NEEDS TIME TO DO IT.

IM FED UP ALREADY OF ASKING CAPTAINS TO SEND THEIR TEAMS OVER AND WE HAVENT STARTED YET.

TEAMS TO COME IN

INDIAN RED

THIS COMP CANT START WITHOUT ALL TEAMS IN SO GET THE MESSAGE AROUND TO ALL CAPTAINS.

Thanks to those Captains who have sent them in, PLEASE get the last 1 in ASAP so I can do the run through tests.

Thanks and Cheers

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2021 4:47 AM

Thanks everyone that has sent their line up in..........

ONE LAST ONE TO GO :)

Come on IndianRed we need your line up mate woo hoo!

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2021 6:02 AM

QUICK UPDATE

ALL TEAMS ARE IN AND WE ARE READY TO GO 

LETS GET THIS THING STARTED REV YOUR ENGINES PLAYERS 

FIXTURES WILL BE POSTED NOON SATURDAY 3RD JUST AFTER MY OPENING SPEECH WHICH GETS SHORTER EACH YEAR LOL.

FINNY

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2021 6:05 AM

Thanks everyone for getting the line ups in... looking forward to another fun year

Cheers all

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2021 6:36 AM

This is my favorite time, all the line ups are in, the last min bugs are getting worked out and we are almost ready to start... all the possibility's, all the desire and hope ahead... a couple of butterflies in my tummy, thinking do I still have that edge, can I pull out the big game when needed....

Yep, love this time in the world cup and really hope you all do as well.

A big thanks to Nigel (wutpa)  for all his very hard work on this massive undertaking we call the sheets....

Finny... no brainer mate, thanks for creating this and plugging away at it every year....

Johnny (WigerToods) for always contributing the quality trophy's year in and year out, whether playing or not...

A lot of moving parts come together to give you all a fun time... 

So as you get ready for battle, please remember to have fun, meet some new folk and hopefully make some new WGT friends.

Be Safe, be well and be kind to yourself and others.

Cheers all,

Dotty

• WUISENRIKE
    1,238 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2021 6:42 AM

Well friends, this is the beginning and from this club of golfos, we want to wish you all good luck and lots of fun.

At the moment, we have 3 twitch channels to broadcast some of these games and they are the following:

SMOKING GOLFOS

WUISENRIKE ...  https://www.twitch.tv/wuisen

JOSETRAMPITA1965 ...  https://www.twitch.tv/cuentabolas

GOLFOS PANELLETS

IAG12 .... https://www.twitch.tv/iag_12

Good luck to all and I hope we enjoy one more year of your company and the good work of the organization.

luis enrique

RSS