Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2021

Wed, Jan 12 2022 5:48 PM (1,728 replies)
  • JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2021 7:07 AM

Great job to ALL those involved for setting this up !! 

The Founders Club wishes all the teams the very best of luck ...2020 was one of the toughest years in most all of our memories ...So lets all play well, enjoy the competition, make some new friends and dedicate this years "Cup" to the friends we lost.

Thanks Finny, Dotty, Nigel and Johnny WELL DONE!

JD

• mrshanestaley
    659 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2021 10:08 AM

KUDOS to all involved in putting this together!!!

We at Freedom Golf Club are chomping at the bit to get this thing going... Best of luck to everyone, including us LOL!!!

Mr. Shane

• Borat74
    2,788 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2021 3:01 PM

JDGHOST:

Great job to ALL those involved for setting this up !! 

The Founders Club wishes all the teams the very best of luck ...2020 was one of the toughest years in most all of our memories ...So lets all play well, enjoy the competition, make some new friends and dedicate this years "Cup" to the friends we lost.

Thanks Finny, Dotty, Nigel and Johnny WELL DONE!

JD

we lost 2 JD this is for them bud.

Cheers Folks.

• Leggoman13
    8,259 Posts
    Thu, Apr 1 2021 9:41 PM

Well done to all the people that put together this great fun/challenging World Cup 2021

Thank you to all the sponsors.

Good Luck All and Have Fun.

:o)

• TomCarioca
    286 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2021 2:11 AM

And another big THANK YOU here! 

Good luck to all of the participating teams - I'm looking very much forward to meeting you out there!

Looking forward to some exciting matches and to making new friends.

Looking forward to meeting you all on the Twitch channels and as always sharing some meaningful thoughts in the chats lol.

Have fun guys - all the best from the FAIRWAY FANATICS!

• bader76
    908 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2021 4:48 AM

1 day to go, Let's get ready to rumble. Good luck to all the teams in this year's  World Cup 2021,  Playing on the NV of wgt. 

• Cuser44
    1,043 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2021 11:06 AM

A BIG Thank You to all involved in this great event.  Good Luck to all the teams playing this year.

• vivian1234
    3,899 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2021 11:41 AM

And another Big Thank You from me and all WGT Amigos !

Congrats to all the people that, year in year out , put together this great Event !

Good Luck to all the teams , all the best & have fun !!

Cheers ,

Viv xx

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2021 2:28 PM

The SEL World cup 2021

Hello all

Welcome to the SEL World Cup 2021

Well me and Dot didn’t think this would happen after we left flash but we decided we would give it another try as its become very special to the both of us and it couldn’t end just because flash died.

i would like thank my team dots and nigel for helping me along the way,i couldnt and wouldnt do this without you pair by my side.thanks johhny for sorting out the trophies much appreciated.

I have to be honest I am not missing the meter spikes I used to get with flash but still finding the putts especially downhillers hard to read on this new version.

This year we have got 32 teams with over 410 players from all over the globe taking part, its still the biggest club event by far in terms of participation on wgt by miles and played by the lower tiers not just the elite.

We have no reigning champs this year as TBR haven’t got enough players so there will be another new winner.

Cobra Kai look very strong as Josh has got a few of the old TBR players onboard.

The Bandits will be tough to beat as we found out last year but only by one(that hurt lol).

SEL have 5 teams in this year with the Thunderchickens leading the way, we have a new influx of top players this year and we are going for the Cup nothing less lol.

Aphrodite also has some top players in their flagship team as do the Fairway Fanitics.

I would like to welcome the new clubs involved this year Bushwackers and Penalty box, just enjoy it and make new friends that’s what it is all about and the reason I started this comp.

Right here we go

Round 1

3rd April – 17th April

18 Holes Match play

Pebble Beach Golf Links

Since 1919, Pebble Beach Golf Links has defined champions and championship moments. This world-famous course welcomes players of all skill levels. Its breathtaking oceanside locale is surrounded by the lush Del Monte Forest. Considered one of the world's most challenging courses.

Any player with a – 2 by their name must take an air shot on holes 6 and 14

just note legend playing legend+ no airshots,

There is an example on the first page of the forum on how to do this.

If a mistake has been made on air shots not taken it must be replayed from the point of the shot and hole and this could take time so be aware please that you know which holes they must be taken on before the match starts that’s for both players and if the match is completed the result will stand.

RULES

Each match will be played to a win, draw lose no sudden death 18 holes,

Each match will have a 2 week timeline to complete

Any players refusing to play will forfeit their match,

Any matches not completed on time will be looked at by me and dotty and a decision made on the result depending on evidence supplied,

Once a match been played the result will stand so it’s up to all players to check the opponents tier before start of play,

I would suggest a 90sec shot clock with maximum timeouts, there’s no panic to get the game played and have a chat in-between,

if both players agree they can have 60 or 45 that would be their choice,

use of apparel is to be agreed by both players if they want it but this years rule would be no apparel used thats the safe option.

No focus boosts will be allowed during matches. Use of this tool will lead to a disqualification

Any team members giving advice on any shots/putts to another player on any chat forum and found out, the player and the adviser will be disqualified from the rest of the comp.

Players please when posting results, I would like group number, teams and players please and a short post of the match,

Let’s keep the forum busy but no negative comments from anyone, if you have a  problem contact your captain first and they will contact the other captain, we don’t really want to be involved unless I have to.

CTTH HOLES/PRIZES

All claims for these prizes must be placed on the ctth thread on the first page of the community organised forum only, none will count placed on the main World Cup thread.

Round 1

3rd April-17th April

Pebble Beach

CTTH

leggoman13

5th

CTTH

1irony

7th

CTTH

kenbtexas

12th

CTTH

Tomcarioca

17th

There are a few special prizes which will run over the whole comp

SPECIAL PRIZES

2 sleeves

longest putt over 20 feet over whole comp

Longest Chip/Pitch shot whole comp

longest holed approach shot over 150yds

lastly all i can say is enjoy it all players/watchers and make some new friends along the way.

finny

PS DOTTY POSTING FIXTURES TOMORROW MIDDAY UK TIME

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2021 3:40 PM

PAULFINN52:

Round 1

3rd April-17th April

Pebble Beach

CTTH

leggoman13

5th

CTTH

1irony

7th

CTTH

kenbtexas

12th

CTTH

Tomcarioca

17th

I am assuming that's "1" sleeve on the 5th 7th 12th and 17th unless there are 112th and 117th holes I'm not aware of? Whew that's a dam long round  😆

RSS