Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2021

Wed, Jan 12 2022 5:48 PM (1,728 replies)
  • jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2021 9:41 PM

PAULFINN52:
    I have to be honest I am not missing the meter spikes I used to get with flash but still finding the putts especially downhillers hard to read on this new version.

Nice to know I am not the only one.  Tom.

• masonvilla
    529 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2021 1:22 AM

I must say a massive thank you to Finny(UTV) Dotty, Nigel and Jonny, again you have pulled it out of the bag and brought the world cup to launcher , I for one didn't think this would happen. Good luck to all teams and thankfully all of us have had the game we love help us to get through this fekin pandemic.

Have fun Boys and Gals

Ian

• bluey403
    1,526 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2021 1:23 AM

well done guys

lets get it on

woohoo

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2021 2:33 AM

Hello all

All going smoothly and only a few games not being played,

we are well over halfway through the group stages now but many of the top four places are still for grabs so players 3 points can make all difference in your matches so lets get them arranged and played.

big shout out to Carl who made the discord groups for all players to get onto,its so easier to arrange matches and post any ctth images instead of using wgt.

also posting any information that needs to be seen its the way forward well done buddy.

Right here we go onto round 5

Round 5

9th May - 22nd May

18 Holes Match play

Congressional Country Club

Congressional Country Club is characterized by rolling terrain, tree-lined fairways, wide and challenging greens, and water hazards that come into play. Congressional has hosted six USGA championships, and its members include seven past United States Presidents.

Since 1919, Pebble Beach Golf Links has defined champions and championship moments. This world-famous course welcomes players of all skill levels. Its breathtaking oceanside locale is surrounded by the lush Del Monte Forest. Considered one of the world's most challenging courses.

Any player with a – 2 by their name must take an air shot on holes 4 and 15

just note legend playing legend+ no airshots,

There is an example on the first page of the forum on how to do this.

If a mistake has been made on air shots not taken it must be replayed from the point of the shot and hole and this could take time so be aware please that you know which holes they must be taken on before the match starts that’s for both players and if the match is completed the result will stand.

RULES

Each match will be played to a win, draw lose no sudden death 18 holes,

Each match will have a 2 week timeline to complete

Any players refusing to play will forfeit their match,

Any matches not completed on time will be looked at by me and dotty and a decision made on the result depending on evidence supplied,

Once a match been played the result will stand so it’s up to all players to check the opponents tier before start of play,

I would suggest a 90sec shot clock with maximum timeouts, there’s no panic to get the game played and have a chat in-between,

if both players agree they can have 60 or 45 that would be their choice,

use of apparel is to be agreed by both players if they want it but this years rule would be no apparel used thats the safe option.

No focus boosts will be allowed during matches. Use of this tool will lead to a disqualification

Any team members giving advice on any shots/putts to another player on any chat forum and found out, the player and the adviser will be disqualified from the rest of the comp.

Players please when posting results, I would like group number, teams and players please and a short post of the match,

Let’s keep the forum busy but no negative comments from anyone, if you have a  problem contact your captain first and they will contact the other captain, we don’t really want to be involved unless I have to.

CTTH HOLES/PRIZES

All CTTH holes are on the website and dont forget to check out the special prizes which run throughtout the comp.

finny

MATCHES POSTED MIDNIGHT UK TIME

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2021 2:34 AM

QUICK UPDATE

DOTS POSTING MATCHES NOW 11 AM UK TIME 

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2021 3:35 AM

Gentleman, Ladies and undecided...... The flag has dropped woo hoo.... go have fun

Round 1 match ups are in ... good luck, have fun and be kind all

-Dotty

• JDGHOST
    6,767 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2021 6:45 AM

Group 3 

The Founders Club B vs Indian Red

306 BluBulls Win 1 up over 396 Lippy78

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2021 7:18 AM

god that was quick JD well done to both players.

JUST A SIDE NOTE

I AM PRETTY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE SPONSORSHIP THIS YEAR,

WE HAVE 67 SLEEVES IN TOTAL AND 47 HAVE BEEN DONATED BY SEL MEMBERS 

AS I HAVE ASKED THEM TO HELP OUT WHICH IS A SHAME BUT WE HAVE ENOUGH 

TO PUT A FEW EACH ROUND,I HAVE JUST HAD TO CUT THE SPECIAL PRIZES DOWN THIS YEAR.

GOOD LUCK ALL

• JDGHOST
    6,767 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2021 7:48 AM

PAULFINN52:

JUST A SIDE NOTE

TO PUT A FEW EACH ROUND,I HAVE JUST HAD TO CUT THE SPECIAL PRIZES DOWN THIS YEAR.

GOOD LUCK ALL

Finny put me down for 3 more sleeves  for 5 total 

JD

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2021 9:45 AM

JDGHOST:

PAULFINN52:

JUST A SIDE NOTE

GOOD LUCK ALL

Finny put me down for 3 more sleeves  for 5 total 

JD

thx JD

RSS