Help › Forums

Playing with reading glasses

Sun, Jan 10 2021 1:17 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • EricW55
    36 Posts
    Wed, Jan 6 2021 7:07 PM

Fellow players,

several years ago my optometrist diagnosed me as having had too many birthdays.  I wear reading glasses to see the pc screen.

I have been playing in "1920 x 1080" because I can see everything clearly including the ball flight.  But I find the meter is so long I sometimes struggle with "where to look" for clicking judgement and timing.

I tried "1024 x 768" and that was a lot better for "seeing the whole meter at once" but then, lol, I couldn't see much else.  I was squinting to read information.

I'm interested in other glass wearers experiments and or idea's.

• ScottHope
    10,099 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 10:21 AM

Eric, if you could change the screen size with a keyboard shortcut whilst playing, would you do that, or would it drive you nuts?

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 10:59 AM

I also use reading glasses 2.0 strength. I play on a 17.3 screen size laptop. I don't remember my screen resolution as i use Scott Hope's screen resizer. 

I made my shot meter to closely match what it it was when I played in Flash. But anyway, this is what it looks like on a 17.3" laptop screen.

• craigswan
    30,998 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 11:10 AM

you need varifocals .

any optician will do .

my son got lasek surgery  . 20/20 vision afterwards .

• craigswan
    30,998 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 11:11 AM

or bifocals .

old fashioned but cheaper .

pick them up at supermarkets .

• craigswan
    30,998 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 11:16 AM

Snapchat Spectacles: A Full Review and 5 Tips to Take Great Snaps

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 11:28 AM

i have worn glasses since I was 10 years old or so, When I was 40 or so I had to go to bifocals. I wear my glasses all the time except when I play WGT. When I play WGT they come off and lay on my computer table until I'm finished playing, 

• SamSpayed
    4,907 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 11:31 AM

EricW55:
    I have been playing in "1920 x 1080" because I can see everything clearly including the ball flight.  But I find the meter is so long I sometimes struggle with "where to look" for clicking judgement and timing.

I wear glasses also.  I play in 1920x1080 fullscreen myself on my 17.3" laptop.  What I've found helpful is to not try to "see the whole meter at once".  Instead, I look at 2 parts of it.  When I'm dragging the meter, I look at the part of the meter where I've set my power.  Then, once I release the mouse button to start my shot, I shift my focal point so that I look just before the meter ding.  I have my mouse pointer set on the ding line and try to "catch" the moving meter on the mouse pointer.

This works pretty well for me, as long as I'm not distracted by talking to my Discord buddies or having a cat jump on me 😄

Hope this helps.

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 11:57 AM
    I need my glasses to read green speeds. Can we make that a little larger please?
  • Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 1:57 PM

EricW55:

Fellow players,

several years ago my optometrist diagnosed me as having had too many birthdays.  I wear reading glasses to see the pc screen.

I tried "1024 x 768" and that was a lot better for "seeing the whole meter at once" but then, lol, I couldn't see much else.  I was squinting to read information.

I'm interested in other glass wearers experiments and or idea's.

I know exactly what you mean. When you changed to 1024 x 768, you were playing fullscreen or window mode? If you were playing fullscreen, the 1024 resolution was stretched to whole display or you had black bars left and right?

• PAGES
RSS