Forums

Help › Forums

Can someone explain tiers to me?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 10 2020 2:53 AM (7 replies)
  • Fifibagge
    13 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2020 8:03 AM

Not sure how they work. I am still in the hack tier after close to a year. How does one rise and what value does rising give you? Thanks.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2020 8:43 AM

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2020 9:38 AM

Fifibagge:

Not sure how they work. I am still in the hack tier after close to a year. How does one rise and what value does rising give you? Thanks.

doubt that about hack as everyone is out of that after 1-3 nights of playing. 

There is no benefit to rising tiers. so just let it happen. do not try to accelerate the process.

• Fifibagge
    13 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2020 10:56 AM

I guess I'm confused. I know that I  in the Master category. But when it comes to buying equipment and such, I think I saw that I am in the 'hack" category. I do know that I see lots of opponents with equipment that I don't see in the Pro Shop, not that it's locked, I don't see it. I'm thinking that there is equipment available to players at some other level than me?

As well, in the Showdowns that run every month or so, I am in the rookie category. So it feels as if there is some kind of ranking system other than the one that I can see that I am in.

• Kalliste
    1,405 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2020 3:39 PM

I think `maybe` the OP is thinking of his status in his CC, "the 24 carat diamond club".

He is listed as a recruit......but amazingly that CC has 100 members and all of them are recruits! Perhaps the owner BlasterGolfer12 does not know how to upgrade the members.

Just sayin`.....

Listee

x

• jacktrade51
    10,905 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2020 5:31 PM

Tiers (Hack through TC) are determined by one's average and number of ranked rounds played.

So if you want to move from Master up, you have to played ranked rounds on regular courses.  It's that simple.

(Best of courses, par 3 courses and custom country club courses do not count.)

Tom.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2020 2:35 AM

jacktrade51:
    So if you want to move from Master up, you have to played ranked rounds on regular courses.  It's that simple.
    True but not complete.

As variants of the "traditional" way, you may also advance by winning match games against higher tiers or by winning credits in tournaments.

One more "modern" way is to rise in levels(!) by playing "mobile" games where undisclosed mechanisms will rise the tier accordingly. See players in higher tiers with 150 averages as a proof!

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2020 2:53 AM

Fifibagge:
    when it comes to buying equipment and such, I think I saw that I am in the 'hack" category.
    You may confuse the indication "Hack+" in the item description with your own tier. It's rather the "limitation" of equipment availability to be "from Hack up". It becomes more obvious with some balls which are "Legend+" - you as a Master may view them but not buy.

There are very few items with active tier limitations, as WGT discarded this former principle in 2010. They introduced XPs and levels then as well as the common selling limitations by level.

Concerning your equipment, you might want to drop your hybrid for a third wedge, and the L0 MAX Platinium Vapor ball is certainly overpriced! There should be other balls available with a 4 meter speed!

Have fun!

RSS