Forums

Help › Forums

In The Drink Award is Mine!

Sat, Jun 18 2011 11:42 AM (54 replies)
  • hesomist
    62 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 2:15 PM

Kiawah #3?  Flew into the water to the right of the fairway.  My 3rd (180 yds, 30-40% rough) ended up on the fringe, and I almost hit my par putt.

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2009 5:13 PM

I found it ................ the water that is..........  can't seem to hold my breath long enough to play the second shot though. and the club seems a little heavy when the current is against me.  Oh well, maybe i should see what they have got in the pro shop.  Hopefully a Taylormade aquatic wedge!

• TarheelsRule
    5,492 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 1:03 PM
    Only one I have found and failed at so far was #3 at Kiawah. Wing your tee shot well right into the drink. I was 160 in the 30% rough after my drop. Couldn't get it on the green, my pitch hit the pin but didn't go in. I'll try this one again. Give up the other ones guys, it is hard enough to do them much less search for them.
    1,644 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 1:26 PM

Mine was easier than that... you're on the wrong set of 9 holes.....

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 3:22 PM

TarheelsRule:
    Only one I have found and failed at so far was #3 at Kiawah. Wing your tee shot well right into the drink. I was 160 in the 30% rough after my drop. Couldn't get it on the green, my pitch hit the pin but didn't go in. I'll try this one again. Give up the other ones guys, it is hard enough to do them much less search for them.

Try the par 5 11th.  Plop your 2nd into the drink on the right.  With the starters I've ended up 90 to 130 yds in the sand.  I suspect you'll get a lot closer with your clubs.

After several attempts I've been able to hack my 4th shot on the green a couple of times and been just short a couple of others times.  Missed a couple of 20ft + putts and chipped to within less then a foot a couple of other times - Hit the stick once.  Good Luck.

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 6:17 PM

Ok now I just feel bad keeping quiet.   I think Mem11 is giving a good tip here.

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 8:07 PM

Got it!!!

I was Finally able to bounce one up to within 16ft and sink the putt... Only took like 20 tries over 3 days to do it... ;)  So even those of us using the starter clubs got a chance - I will not be going for the bronze award.

Lysti:

Ok now I just feel bad keeping quiet.   I think Mem11 is giving a good tip here.

Nah, you guys were just having fun, I probably would have joined you had I been able to do it sooner lol.  Being it the season of giving, I just wanted to give back to my frustrated brethren in the WGT.

• hesomist
    62 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 7:12 AM

Got mine too!  Was my fifth attempt on #11.  Hit my 4th shot to 7 feet from 89 yds out of 30-40% rough, and nailed the putt.

Thanks for all the tips!  Will also be stopping at one.

• IcemanLeafs
    5 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2009 9:31 AM

Thanks Mem11. I did as you suggested and hit the water with my second shot on the 11th. That left me with a 40 yrd pitch to the pin. (The view was a bit bit weird from there. I couldn't see my guy at all. After swinging, the ball came from behind me.) That left me with a 7 ft putt for par which rolled in nicely.

Hate to tell ya, but this was my first attempt. Must be good advice. :)

• TarheelsRule
    5,492 Posts
    Thu, Dec 17 2009 8:02 AM
    Okay got it on #11 on the first time. Had 110 yards to go so I probably could have hit it longer and into the water closer to the green, made a 30 footer for par, the view is strange, I had to go to the reverse angle to see things.
RSS