Forums

Help › Forums

In The Drink Award is Mine!

Sat, Jun 18 2011 11:42 AM (54 replies)
  • tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2009 12:23 PM

Ok, you know you're bored when you search around looking for places to make the In The Drink award without needing some miracle hole out.

Well, I found it (tricky place, have fun finding it!), and nailed it.  So, here's to the very first (as far as I know) In The Drink award, and most likely my last as well.

(Here's a clue: I putted it in for par)

Now it's onto hitting as many sand shots as possible and still saving par for the prestigious Diamond Day At The Beach award...

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2009 12:29 PM

I think I might know where you did that...have to test it out later.

tibbets:
    Now it's onto hitting as many sand shots as possible and still saving par...

Ugh, good luck with those man.  I think the diamond plateau's might be unattainable.  The 18 holer could be done I think, but 13 shots in the sand and shoot 36 over 9-holes is (i'm almost ready to say) next to impossible.  I got 10 for 9 and I think I only missed 1 opportunity.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2009 12:32 PM

Hehe, I like that kind of challenge. :)

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 10:08 AM

Found it!  May not be the same place you got it, but yes I was putting for par.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 10:32 AM
    I managed to get a 14yd chip for par, but not a putt. Go on, give us another clue! Bethpage or Kiawah?
    1,644 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 10:36 AM

Seve.... dig hard enough and you'll find the 'sore thumb' sticking out somewhere....

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 10:53 AM

LOL Good "get", tibbets...

IN THE DRINK seems to be the least likely award attainable.  In most cases - requires a long shot to be holed out after getting wet.  It occurs to me that most people who are landing longer shots close to the hole are probably not in the water much to begin with.  It's like an accidental award....except that you indicated you purposely created the conditions to get it.  LOL.

I THOUGHT OF THIS RECENTLY (based on personal experience):  A New Award that WGT should consider (this is somewhat similar to the idea behind Ham and Eggs or Sandman).....

"THE ROUGH AND TUMBLE AWARD" (or pick a name) - PAR or better after having NEVER touched one blade of fairway grass.  Should not be in effect for Par 3s (as there is no Fairway and "up-n-downs" fairly attainable).

Thanks for sharing, AtlantaCoaster

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 11:15 AM

17 @ Kiawah is a candidate for the in the drink award.

There's a slim area where if you hit the ball and have it bounce into the water, you'll end up getting a spot right off the green where you can putt or pitch/chip for par.

edit: getting a spot in this area also results in one of the most bizarre views in the game.   the front view is from the white tees, 190+ yards away from where you are.

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 11:19 AM

marioh:
    17 @ Kiawah is a candidate for the in the drink award
    I thought that too... at first...

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 11:24 AM

I've gotten the spot right off the green a few times.

I just was never able to pitch it in......yet.

RSS