Help › Forums

Calculator for desktop app

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 5 2021 3:58 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BoonJuice
    66 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2020 10:11 PM

Is this Kat's calculator more accurate than garypinhunter's wind calc?

I don't want to download and install this program if garypinhunter's is good enough, the only thing about garypinhunter's I don't like is the wind offset, it seems wrong most of the time, and I still don't know a good way to know how many grids on the green equals how many yards, I've been using one grid is 8 yards, someone else told me it's 3 yards, anyone know?

• Yiannis1970
    3,272 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2020 8:27 AM

A grid is 2 yds.

• Dave33200
    2,939 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2020 1:49 PM

BoonJuice:

Is this Kat's calculator more accurate than garypinhunter's wind calc?

I don't want to download and install this program if garypinhunter's is good enough, the only thing about garypinhunter's I don't like is the wind offset, it seems wrong most of the time, and I still don't know a good way to know how many grids on the green equals how many yards, I've been using one grid is 8 yards, someone else told me it's 3 yards, anyone know?

I’ve used a few different wind calculators over the years and found that none of them are going to be 100% accurate all the time. All WGT courses and holes play different then the next. I keep notes on each course, and holes for a quick reminder if I need to add more power, or less. Also, the wind off set will very a great deal. Just keep some notes for reference.

On approach shots I use the grids as 5ft. each.

• dasnab78
    1 Posts
    Wed, Nov 3 2021 12:23 PM

Forgive me if its my lack of IT-skills, but when I try the link I´m told that I don´t have acces to this file.

I have tried to "ask for acces" but I assume Kat has better things to do than use time on this.

Anyone who can tell me how to get access or show me another way to download it?

• HamdenPro
    2,424 Posts
    Thu, Nov 4 2021 4:22 PM

I don't know about this Kat thing...and this thread is kinda old...but if you are looking for a great wind speed calculator, or a putting calculator, Gary Pinhunter is who you want.

Just use google and search GaryPinhunter. He has a website that has tips for many of the courses, written by some of WGT's greatest golfers, all compiled in one place. He also has a downloadable calculator which uses excel.

You should have no problem finding it or using it, it is very simple and accurate (at least the putting one is, I never use a calculator for anything else (and if anyone asks, I do not use a calculator at all).

• ScottHope
    10,151 Posts
    Fri, Nov 5 2021 3:58 AM

dasnab78:
    Forgive me if its my lack of IT-skills, but when I try the link I´m told that I don´t have acces to this file.

I may be wrong but do you need a Google account to access files on someone elses Google Drive?

Do you have a Google account?

• PAGES
RSS