Forums

Help › Forums

The X Factor US

Mon, Oct 10 2011 5:35 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • golfbum1
    18 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 10:40 AM

Anyone watching The X Factor US this season?

The X Factor is an American television music competition created by Simon Cowell and produced by SYCOtv.  It premiered on September 21, 2011 on Fox.

As part of the British The X Factor franchise, the program's format has numerous differences from its rivals, including American Idol, among others. The competition is open to both solo artists and groups and has no upper age limit. Each judge is assigned one of four categories—either girls between 12 and 30, boys between 12 and 30, individuals over 30, or groups (some of which may be formed from rejected soloists after the audition process).  Through the live shows, the judges act as mentors to their category, helping to decide song choices, styling and staging, while judging contestants from the other categories; they also compete to ensure that their act wins the competition, thus making them the winning judge. The winner stands to receive a $5 million recording contract with Epic Records and will also star in their own Pepsi commercial, that will air at Super Bowl XLVI on NBC.     

Judges:

Simon Cowell
    Paula Abdul
    L.A. Reid
    Nicole Prescovia Elikolani Valiente Scherzinger (Pussycat Dolls)
    Cheryl Cole (Los Angeles & Chicago auditions)

---------à

I like seeing ordinary people get a chance to show their stuff on national TV.

Susan Boyle - Britains Got Talent 2009 Episode 1 - Saturday 11th April | HD High Quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk&feature=related

This video has 76,354,958 hits on youtube.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 11:40 AM

hello i watched the video ...wow  nerver juge a book by its cover ........i still have a lump in my throat ...ty for showing me

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 11:57 AM

This is similar to The Voice, an American show that does the same thing but with judges that actually are decent performers themselves. They pick teams based on auditions and then have the sing off. Very entertaining, especially as the show gets close to the end.

America's Got Talent exposed Susan Boyle to America and it was a stunning debut.

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 12:19 PM

golfbum1:

I like seeing ordinary people get a chance to show their stuff on national TV.

Susan Boyle - Britains Got Talent 2009 Episode 1 - Saturday 11th April | HD High Quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk&feature=related

This video has 76,354,958 hits on youtube.

I totally agree golfbum we had a similar type to subu at this years x factor auditions her name was Jade Richards,The sad thing is she got all the way to the judges houses but wasn't put through to the live shows :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dnp6N9jsLo

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2011 5:33 PM

i have to say  beautiful  video again russellfahey ...you guys have to stop showing me them beautiful things.....i am runing out of klenex....LOL..bravo to ordinary people..:)

• golfbum1
    18 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 5:47 AM

Thanks guys.

@YankeeJim

Is this it?  Looks good. I like reality shows.  They get things moving faster.

Carson Daly Hopes Viewers Find 'The Voice'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmfiPtavMSs

The Voice is an American reality talent show that premiered on April 26, 2011 on the NBC television network. Based on the reality singing competition The Voice of Holland, the series was created by Dutch television producer John de Mol.  It is part of an international series. The Voice immediately proved to be a hit for NBC and in mid-May 2011, it was confirmed that the network had renewed the show for a second season.

Christina Aguilera
    Cee Lo Green
    Adam Levine
    Blake Shelton

-----------à------------------à

@russellfahey

Jade Richards is good.  Performers get judged harshly for many things.  I think that’s why people humorously say that the Founding Fathers - George Washington, etc - would never get elected today.  Everyone wants to be 20, skinny and gorgeous forever.     

Heart - Crazy on You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYbyCIxSY_w&feature=related

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 6:09 AM

Yes, GB, that's it and the first year (last year) was outstanding. I thought the best part was when the 4 judges hooked up for their own jam session and the finals were over the top. The whole show was one good episode after another, right to the end.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 6:53 AM

i  once fallowed the show American idols.....there was this 10 year hold girl  singning like an opera star ....she would get tears to my eyes everytime ...i dont remember her name (some thing like Invenko)   talk about ordinary people with a gift for the rest of there life .

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 11:12 AM

golfbum1:

@russellfahey

Jade Richards is good.  Performers get judged harshly for many things.  I think that’s why people humorously say that the Founders Fathers would never get elected today.  Everyone wants to be 20, skinny and gorgeous forever

I hear what your saying  golfbum is this what you meant lol this guy got to the live finals instead of jade and Terry Winstanley watch the 2 links and tell me which 1 you prefer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drcvM-yiKTU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BHsIfgXxuo

• iukine
    195 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2011 1:04 PM

Been in the entertainment biz for a long time myself, with a small ammount of success. While the performers on these shows are all very talented and deserve all the success that comes with it. There is something wrong with this picture! This is an attempt by the big corporations to shove their agenda down the throats of the public.  This is not a rant against any of the performers on these shows, it is though a fact! While it's veiled under the guise of "it's all in good fun". In reality, when there is this much money involved in anything, it can and usually does take a turn for the ugly. When they found out that MTV was a money maker the corporations took it over. Proof right there of shady dealings going on behind the scenes. The performers on these shows would do themselves a favor(and all other musicians) if they would just not have anything more to do with this and shows like it anymore!

• PAGES
RSS