Forums

Help › Forums

Rising concerns about the game I love.....

Tue, Nov 1 2011 2:01 PM (30 replies)
  • LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 10:04 AM

To be fair Rob, it's unlikely that Wgt will ever come in and join a forum with as much passion as this  and many others, they would be damned to do, and damned double to not.

But that does not excuse them wishy washy half attempts at doing nothing. We have governments for that and a fine job they do of it. No. What we need here, or rather within management at Wgt, is substance to the fire, a sharing of the peoples passion, a firm grip on the reality being faced.

At the moment we have at best, a lackadaisical mealy mouthed and frankly unnacceptable management too scared to take action against issues which concern so many.

The sooner we see actions more akin to "do or die" attitudes, the better, and of course, the happier we all but the cheats will be.

Lizzie xx

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 10:26 AM

If Mohammed cannot go to the mountain, then the mountain must come to Mohammed. Those of us who have spoken out on behalf of Mio and have voiced their concerns on the growing problem of cheating within WGT can at least get a few words to the men at the top.

You can Tweet Yuchiang Cheng here;

https://twitter.com/#!/YuChiang

Chad Nelson here;

https://twitter.com/#!/nelschan

Hopefully if enough members do we may get some response from the men that matter.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 10:48 AM

tiffer67:

Back on topic, I see another cheat has been discovered and exposed on the WGTLS site. A player using auto-clicker. I am absolutely certain that this problem is now a widespread one on WGT.

maybe but as the screen shot posted shows the auto clicker didn't work very well if at all. He was only even par at 18 while his opponent was at -2 and putting for a birdie. I realize that any form of cheating it wrong but from what we see from the screen shot is that auto clickers are not very good or at least the one he was using wasn't. And though dinging the meter certainly helps ,my best round on here so far a -10 60 during the last weekend of The Virtual Open qualifying I only dinged the meter on my putts and not a lot of those. All my other shots were made using the early/late simulated draw/fade approach. The real cheaters in my opinion are the multi accounters and sandbaggers.

• ljbast
    943 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 11:50 AM

Ya Sting, but it was a handicapped tournament. If you read the forums over there it was suggested that he sandbagged that game

Didn't take long for Icon to delete those threads.

• robdelahunty
    670 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 12:16 PM

tiffer67:
    You can Tweet Yuchiang Cheng here;

my 1st ever tweet site visit?

Most enlightening ty T 4 the heads up,not actually done a tweeter yet but i will learn how, esp after reading Yuchiangs wise words:

Harness the good,block out the bad...........Harness block,harness block.

Now those words are inspiring and give me hope for the future.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 11:45 AM

LizzieRossetti:

The sooner we see actions more akin to "do or die" attitudes, the better, and of course, the happier we all but the cheats will be.

The member exposed player discovered on WGTLS over the weekend using cheat software has disappeared from the WGT Players Search!

• robdelahunty
    670 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 12:54 PM

andyson:
    The member exposed player discovered on WGTLS over the weekend using cheat software has disappeared from the WGT Players Search!

As have various threads too!

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Mon, Oct 24 2011 2:45 PM

Good news for everybody! So the cheating (presumably a confirmed KIA ) player formerly known as bt12, has had his account deleted.

Excellent, and exactly the sort of news we should all rejoice with.

Well done everyone involved in bringing to book this person. Now we just need to apply vigilance to new accounts started after the date of the deletion to ensure this person doesn't (if he hasn't already) get another bite at everyones cherry.

Lizzie xx

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2011 4:12 PM

In other news Yuchiang Cheng responded to my tweet to him on Twitter. He kindly thanked me for my passion for the game and said he will nurture the community. I look forward to seeing the results of said nurturing and thank him for his response.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2011 5:43 PM

LizzieRossetti:

Well done everyone involved in bringing to book this person.

Lizzie xx

He only posted a screenshot of the game he was in......and in the bottom left of the taskbar the "Auto-Clicker" window open lololol.....certainly not the sharpest knife in the cutlery set.

TBE

RSS