Forums

Help › Forums

Rising concerns about the game I love.....

Tue, Nov 1 2011 2:01 PM (30 replies)
  • tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 10:29 PM

BolloxInBruges:

I did happen to read this :)   I'm not sure what you mean by indian sign, must be a UK expression.   Not sure, but I'm willing to play anyone (legend anyway) in 2k credit matches until one of us goes broke :)   

When I was self employed working from home in 2010 I practiced HARD for the majors.    For those of you not around in those days, there was no way to practice Oak from the legend tees in high winds, and me being so intent on practicing those conditions I would intentionally hit balls backwards from the master tees, to the legend tees, any time you miss the tee box it was a lost ball, I lost somewhere from 30-50 balls, lol.  This year having a full time normal job I had far less time to practice, and didn't hit a ball for almost a full week due to the US open trip before the virtual one.  Maybe practiced the courses 1/4 as much as 2010.  Next year I will definitely be taking a couple days off of work during the majors to really give it my best shot.

Greatest round was probably my first 54 from the master tees on kiawah in a RG, maybe april/may of 2010.  At the time nobody had shot below a 56 before, or birdied all 18 holes from the furthest back tees (at the time it was master tees, no legend tier).  It was noteworthy enough for WGT to post it on the homepage/blog so that was a memorable one.

No superstitions at all.  Do happen to wear blue a lot, probably half my shirts are that color but it wasn't inspired by seve.

Lol, as if by magic you appear.

Someone/a team is said to have the Indian sign over an opponent when they continually give a superior player or team more problems than they really should do in competition. I can't use an American sporting comparison unfortunately but in golf I can think of Thomas Bjorn beating Tiger Woods on a couple of occasions, back when Tiger was at his peak. By all accounts Bjorn, a very good player, still shouldn't be beating the world number one, more often than Tiger beats him. Sometimes though these little blips occur, I just wondered if there was anyone who has that edge over you in head to heads?

You see your answer to how you practice is forum gold to lesser players. I get the impression you are a meticulous character, you leave as little to chance as possible and as a result are probably way better prepared than 90% of other players. I imagine you to have a ream of notes as well?

I remember your 54 and although I have never been in a position of making more than 12 consecutive birdies from the start of a round, I do remember how I felt playing the 17th on my way to my first 57 round Kiawah. I totally bottled it, missed the green left and was delighted with the shot, lol. You'd have no doubts been furious with yourself.

Disappointed to hear you have no superstitions but not surprised. Anyway that's you scored off the list for January's Member Profile pilot, lol.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 10:52 PM

tiffer67:

Lol, as if by magic you appear.

Sometimes though these little blips occur, I just wondered if there was anyone who has that edge over you in head to heads?

I imagine you to have a ream of notes as well?

Well a year ago when I was running that 'bollox challenge' jakestanfill was the only one to knock me off (I had to dump 6,000 credits to him via mpc so I guess my lifetime record vs him is 7-4).    Jake is no doubt one of the most talented players to ever play the game, but I would still welcome his action in MPCs because it's really fun to play the toughest opponents.  Cyl6 was my 2nd toughest opponent in that, which would probably come as a surprise to some as he kind of flies under the radar.   More recently pgabound and suncity have both played very well against me in some matches but haven't played enough against either to say who would have an edge.

The only physical notes I have ever taken is a notepad document called 'par 3s' on my desktop, when new course or a new balls/clubs come out I would document the result of any shot that I had dinged for a little while until I had it all memorized.  Aside from par 3s there are too many variables to take notes.

This is what I used to have for #6 oakmont, I didn't note the equip so I'm sure it's no longer accurate....

9 @ 11:30, 2/3 bs 185/86
        7@12, 186 1/2 back went 3 yds long, go with 3/5 back 186
        11@12:30, 186 3/4 back 5 yds too much
         5@5:30, 200 3/4 bs 8 ft long
        6@9:30 188 2 pix of bs 6 yds long
        15@11, 175 1/3 bs 30 ft short
        8@12:30 (legend z) 187 bs 5 yds short

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 11:06 PM

Not surprised at Cyl6 giving you a hard time, on the occasions I have played with him, he rarely makes a mistake. That coupled with his putting ability makes for a very dangerous opponent.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Oct 19 2011 11:35 PM

All take note.

• stevenharkin
    1,921 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 6:42 AM

way these new high stakes RG's i'm sure it wont be long before bollox goes back to "working from home"...

playing wgt for a living..wishful thinking perhaps :)

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 5:01 AM

Back on topic, I see another cheat has been discovered and exposed on the WGTLS site. A player using auto-clicker. I am absolutely certain that this problem is now a widespread one on WGT.

• Pryke
    295 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 5:37 AM

Am I right in assuming an 'auto-clicker' enables a player to always hit the 'ding'?

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 5:55 AM

I think that is the idea with it.

• Kriztjan
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 6:12 AM

maybe implement some sort of punkbuster to this, have it as a requirement to be able to play and block those kind if auto-click programs.

• robdelahunty
    670 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 6:37 AM

Hang in there guys,maybe another 5/6 pages and we may/not get a reponse from HQ! 

I will gift cally's to the 1st person to guess how many pages b4 a reply from anyone at WGT,wont be the Legend callys i'm afraid as we cant gift them for some reason?

I will start the ball rolling to a stop 2 inch from the hole with 16 pages so Vent and rant all you like guys...............no comment!

RSS