Forums

Help › Forums

Hall Of Fame Tier

Wed, Sep 20 2023 6:55 AM (263 replies)
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2020 3:39 PM
    Typical wgt, criteria that mobile players can't qualify in.
  • Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2020 7:13 AM

just a general point.

if you have some great desire to be in that group so much that you have to be vocal about it... you probably don't deserve it.

Probably a good thing to have a tier that's invitation only. one that people can't run a few thousand easy tee tourneys to get to.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2020 7:24 AM

And just another general point. 

Of course the two (being vocal about a group and having a desire to be in it) could have no relationship at all. That is to say, the decision to be vocal about a group may have no basis at all in a desire to be part of the group.

Indeed, most people are vocal about some group they have no desire to be a part of. 

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2020 8:09 AM

I was contacted by wgt about the hall of fame induction .

I was so nervous i drank a bottle of rum before i teed off ..

I shot the happiest 83 of my life .

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2020 10:20 AM
    I could care less about wearing that title, I was commenting on the fact that there is some similarities for all that play wgt, but there are so many things that make one side unfair. For instance, pc players and mobile all pay the same prices for everything in the pro shop, but mobile doesn't have the pleasure of playing alternate shot games, etc. I could go on and on, but wont, cuz you know all the differences. I'm sure it made your day to get your troll shot in. But as usual, it missed it's mark.
  • Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2020 10:42 AM

@Luckystar5 

Same here. I couldn't care less about making that tier. Heck, I don't even care about making it to Tour Champion. I seriously doubt my average will ever get much lower than where it's currently at. In fact, I'm not even actively trying to lower my average anymore.

If I happen to shoot a decent round every now and again, and my average decreases by .01, great! Otherwise, who cares? 

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2020 11:36 AM
    You guys must be fun at parties
  • Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2020 11:44 AM

Connorjwebb123:
    You guys must be fun at parties

What kind of parties are you going to where people spend their time posting to discussion boards? 

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2020 4:04 PM

Mythanatos:
    Probably a good thing to have a tier that's invitation only. one that people can't run a few thousand easy tee tourneys to get to.

Agreed.  IMHO that's what WGT should have done with the Tour Champion tier - made it invitation-only.

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2020 4:57 PM

SamSpayed:

Mythanatos:

Agreed.  IMHO that's what WGT should have done with the Tour Champion tier - made it invitation-only.

That is what it originally was supposed to be.

RSS