Forums

Help › Forums

PCEA Community Update August 2020

Sun, Nov 22 2020 8:49 AM (46 replies)
  • simovoice
    4,963 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2020 4:52 AM

Now it has been few months I jumped full time to new version and I must say I saw it improved every update. So thank you very much for all your efforts. I still encount some issues while playing, but I'm sure others already wrote about them somewhere else. So let's wait and see, ty again :)

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2020 9:01 AM

pecanvalley:

Hello Champion,

Thanks for your update of options for the PECA game but I have a question I have been unable to find an answer to.:

What is "Apparel Bonuses" and how does it effect the game? 

How do you enable/disable this Apparel Bonuses?

I played AS game recently (last 2 weeks) and one of the other team players had to restart (before we teed off) so that he could "disable his apparel bonuses". (This was one of the rules of the tournament)

And finally, is there a written book,manual, instruction guide,something,that us long time Flash players can go to to see how to navigate this new game form. Tell us where/how to look for information we use in the game. I have been able to find a lot of what I do in the Flash version by simply clicking on everything I can find on the PECA screen and see what the hell pops up, but you know you have a very large following of players like me who are older(I'm 78) and not "of this tech world" that we live in.  We can play because the Flash version was so easy and designed for the computer/laptop world.  Unless we can get some help here, you may lose a very large portion of us.   I am a director in the club I belong to and so far, we at least15 players have  told us (the directors) that when Flash goes-so do they. WE need some help here!!!

Thanks and I will be looking for your response to this post.

George

I think most of what you're looking for can be found in the FAQ: https://m.wgt.com/help

_CHAMPION 

• nerve60
    285 Posts
    Wed, Aug 26 2020 2:23 PM

Thanks Champ! That list in your OP is fantastic news!

• RedRockster
    692 Posts
    Thu, Aug 27 2020 3:45 PM

When are they going to address the friend availability problems,  When you go to invite someone, if they are online it shows green, whether or not they are already in another game.  Also getting an invite while in a game does not have the option to give the person a short note why  that person is declining.  The canned msg's are too vauge,  on flash they show ad declined reason 1, 2 ,3., which is meaningless to a flash player.  Scaning our friend list from the Friend menu on main screen is a nice feature,but does not indicate availabilty to accept a game.

Sorry for the poor typing and spelling, my eyes aren't very good at proofreading,..

thanks

Paul

• pecanvalley
    2,197 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2020 2:48 PM

To WGT CHAMPION,

I have experienced this situation three times and some other members of my club have also expressed the same thing happening to them. Here is what is happening.:

When a game is selected, in this case a Bracket Game, in the PCEA version, it will not load and the screen is locked up.  Since game will not load and there is no way out of that screen, what I have had to do is restart my computer, so I can get out of load screen.  When the load screen appears, there is a error message that reads:

" Please check your internet connection as we are having trouble getting a signal. CC-Eiffel Tower.unity 3 d.  Error code: 404 Not found "

Now, my question is, If this game was created in the FLASH version and the tee markers and flag markers that were choose are in the FLASH version,but are NOT in the PCEA version, would this prevent the game from loading in the PCEA version?  In this case, the tee markers and flag markers chosen were the Eiffel Tower, WHICH IS available in FLASH.  I check in the PCEA VERSION and there are no Eiffel Tower icons in PCEA.  Please advise ASAP.

Also, why are not all the tee/flag icons that are available in FLASH, not available in PCEA?

FYI, am liking the new version more and more.

George

• RedRockster
    692 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2020 3:19 PM

Just a note,  if you are running any windows version, don't reboot your pc for this.

Instead load Wndows Task Manager (ctrl + alt +delete) and right click on golf.exe.

Select end task to end the pcea program.  much quicker than a reboot.

Even faster,  set up your options in pcea to use window mode.  That way you have a true windows window with an "x" in the upper right hand corner,  clicking on the "X" should close your pcea.

• JDGHOST
    6,797 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2020 4:35 PM

pecanvalley:
    " Please check your internet connection as we are having trouble getting a signal. CC-Eiffel Tower.unity 3 d.  Error code: 404 Not found "

I have received this message a few times now .....In each case I had to go to the flash version to play the round...EVERYTIME !!

But when you get this message no need to restart your computer... just click the windows key or control/esc simultaneously...That will shrink the launcher to your tool/task bar then you can just X it out 

• pecanvalley
    2,197 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2020 9:48 AM

Thanks Redrockster- I will try that Task Master thing.

I did go to the PCEA options and changed to "window use" and you are right, I got the bar with the "X" in the upper right corner.  However, when that task bar appeared it moved the entire screen down to cover up the command bar at the bottom of the screen. So is this a temporary fix to use to get our of the locked screen and once exited, must change option back to full screen to play?

Is there a way to shrink the PCEA window?  Mine covers the entire computer screen. Would like have my windows task bar across the bottom of the screen, but there is no room.

Thanks for your reply.  I am not you "computer guru" type of guy.   All I know is i push the square button on the key board and it starts and i push the square button and it stops.  Beyond that, its all Greeks to me. (Well maybe not that bad - but close :) )  So I need all the help I can get.  lol

George

• ScottHope
    10,128 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2020 2:15 PM

pecanvalley:
    Is there a way to shrink the PCEA window?

Have you tried adjusting the resolution in the settings?...

• pecanvalley
    2,197 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2020 11:06 AM

To Scotthope:

Yes I have tried the "windows display mode" and I have changed the resolution and the problem with both is, the screen pulls in from the sides and blocks out  tool bar across the bottom so I can not see button for "friends, Country club etc".  I do get a tool bar at the top of the screen but all that is there is the "X" button .   Any help here?

Also, is there any way to "message" your Friends in the PCEA version?  I have looked everywhere I can find and do not see any way to send a message from friend to friend or another player.    Any advise?

Thanks for your help.

George

RSS