Forums

Help › Forums

PCEA Community Update August 2020

Sun, Nov 22 2020 8:49 AM (46 replies)
  • Bowl64
    3,087 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2020 5:28 AM

Thanks Champ but a few more issues need to be adressed. The puttinggrid cutting in half when moving the marker to aim, the avatars still look like neanderthals and not humans.

Cheers

Bjorn

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2020 6:21 AM

WGTChampion:

Creating an option to speed up the dots on the greens on putts to match Flash. This would be a game settings option for long-term players to have an experience closer to what they were used to.

Very good !

• JDGHOST
    6,798 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2020 6:33 AM

WGTChampion:

• Creating an option to speed up the dots on the greens on putts to match Flash. This would be a game settings option for long-term players to have an experience closer to what they were used to.
  • Option to Enable/Disable Apparel Bonuses in multiplayer game setup
  • Rollout of classic WGT apparel from the Flash game. (Players who already own these outfits in Flash will receive them automatically for free.)
  • Improving the aim marker on putts so it's no longer in the way when using the reverse camera
  •  

These 4 things are great Improvements  ....Any thoughts on "Downsizing the avatar"( or golfer) to more closely match flash as well ...And maybe a better friends list a "drop down" option... again like on  flash?

Thanks Champ ..Your trying!!

JD

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2020 6:40 AM

Good news Champ, hopefully you are working on the tiny green speed number also, my eyesight isn't too bad but sometimes i play and it can be 13 or 14 and i have to put on my reading glasses and put my face right up to the screen to see which it is.

With the putting box you only have to make it a bit smaller and raise it up the flagpole a bit.

Also, with re: to the course notebook, will this be incorporated into the pcea game and if not i would assume that we will be refunded for it, thanks again.

• el3n1
    4,495 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2020 9:33 AM

WGTChampion:
    Creating an option to speed up the dots on the greens on putts to match Flash. This would be a game settings option for long-term players to have an experience closer to what they were used to.

Given the glitches we observe on mobile or EA with things presenting incorrectly, I could foresee this being an issue if somehow the game does not register the selection properly or glitches somehow by trying to cater to different players..

The dot speeds should be one or the other speeds - not leave you wondering whether it is locked in only to discover it was glitched and you are seeing the opposite.

I point this out because even with Sponsor Apparel - the equipment boosts are often given incorrectly and sometimes the coin bonuses are awarded correctly and other times they are not.  It is simply inconsistent and does not appear to be ironed out. 

I can foresee the benefits of this option - but - if it is anything like the sponsor apparel and the coin bonuses - it will cause even more frustration and headaches.

I am wondering out loud  - whether it needs to be one way or the other so that we are not guessing if WGT is using Flash dots or EA dots - even after selecting a preference.

---

I do like the idea of being able to turn off apparel with one selection versus going in to remove each item individually in order to do so.  

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2020 10:07 AM

WGTChampion:

• Creating an option to speed up the dots on the greens on putts to match Flash. This would be a game settings option for long-term players to have an experience closer to what they were used to.

If people used half the time they spend whining about the new greens to actually practice and figure them out, this would be a non-issue. I find it ridiculous that so many higher tiered players can't seem to grasp the greens on the NV. They're not that hard, and I personally see no reason to simplify and dumb down the new version just to satiate a few stubborn players who don't want to put in the effort to learn the game. If the new greens are too hard for you, and you don't have the skill to figure them out, then find another game. The arrogance and sense of entitlement on display over this one aspect of the new version is ridiculous. 

WGT... If you're going to bow to the pressure and make this unneeded change, will it be a player choice? What about the people who don't want faster dots? Is this going to be an individual setting, or will the speed be set before the round and everyone playing will have to adapt to one pre-determined speed? What if half the players wanted the slower dots? Are you saying they won't be able to play with the players who want faster dots? Sounds like a recipe for chaos. Better to just keep it the way it is and let players play on an even field, IMO.

But I do like the idea of disabling the magic clothes. 

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2020 10:45 AM

Dex000:

WGTChampion:

If people used half the time they spend whining about the new greens to actually practice and figure them out, this would be a non-issue. I find it ridiculous that so many higher tired players can't seem to grasp the greens on the NV. They're not that hard, and I personally see no reason to simplify and dumb down the new version just to satiate a few stubborn players who don't want to put in the effort to learn the game. If the new greens are too hard for you, and you don't have the skill to figure them out, then find another game. The arrogance and sense of entitlement on display over this one aspect of the new version is ridiculous. 

WGT... If you're going to bow to the pressure and make this unneeded change, will it be a player choice? What about the people who don't want faster dots? Is this going to be an individual setting, or will the speed be set before the round and everyone playing will have to adapt to one pre-determined speed? What if half the players wanted the slower dots? Are you saying they won't be able to play with the players who want faster dots? Sounds like a recipe for chaos. Better to just keep it the way it is and let players play on an even field, IMO.

But I do like the idea of disabling the magic clothes. 

Yeah, the goal is to have the dots speed be a settings change for the individual user. So if you prefer the way it is now you'll be able to leave it like that. 

_CHAMPION 

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2020 10:46 AM

Nicole161106:

Good news Champ, hopefully you are working on the tiny green speed number also, my eyesight isn't too bad but sometimes i play and it can be 13 or 14 and i have to put on my reading glasses and put my face right up to the screen to see which it is.

With the putting box you only have to make it a bit smaller and raise it up the flagpole a bit.

Also, with re: to the course notebook, will this be incorporated into the pcea game and if not i would assume that we will be refunded for it, thanks again.

We are discussing HUD changes and the ability to make it larger if that's the player preference. 

Unfortunately I don't have a proper answer on notebooks yet. 

_CHAMPION 

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2020 10:47 AM

WGTChampion:

Yeah, the goal is to have the dots speed be a settings change for the individual user. So if you prefer the way it is now you'll be able to leave it like that. 

_CHAMPION 

Ah... that's good to hear. Individual settings would definitely be the best way to go.

Thanks, _Champ 

• pecanvalley
    2,197 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2020 12:59 PM

Hello Champion,

Thanks for your update of options for the PECA game but I have a question I have been unable to find an answer to.:

What is "Apparel Bonuses" and how does it effect the game? 

How do you enable/disable this Apparel Bonuses?

I played AS game recently (last 2 weeks) and one of the other team players had to restart (before we teed off) so that he could "disable his apparel bonuses". (This was one of the rules of the tournament)

And finally, is there a written book,manual, instruction guide,something,that us long time Flash players can go to to see how to navigate this new game form. Tell us where/how to look for information we use in the game. I have been able to find a lot of what I do in the Flash version by simply clicking on everything I can find on the PECA screen and see what the hell pops up, but you know you have a very large following of players like me who are older(I'm 78) and not "of this tech world" that we live in.  We can play because the Flash version was so easy and designed for the computer/laptop world.  Unless we can get some help here, you may lose a very large portion of us.   I am a director in the club I belong to and so far, we at least15 players have  told us (the directors) that when Flash goes-so do they. WE need some help here!!!

Thanks and I will be looking for your response to this post.

George

RSS