Forums

Help › Forums

Can't find anyone to play a Match Play Challenge???

Sat, Dec 19 2009 10:34 AM (21 replies)
  • Kevap
    35 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 9:01 AM
    I've been searching all day... and no one ever joins. Is it just too new that no one knows about it or is it that no one wants to risk their credits???
  • gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 9:18 AM

Kevap:
    is it that no one wants to risk their credits???

It's not that no one wants to risk their credits, it's that no one can. Match Play Challenge is for the rich and the best, and that's not exactly a huge number of people. I was really excited to see this addition when I first logged on yesterday, but when I saw the high amount of minimum credits to be bet, I was quite dissapointed. I would be happier if they limited the minimum # of credits to 10, as already suggested by numerous people, but the WGT take-away is, say, 20% ... that way the winner would get 8, WGT would get 2, and the loser would lose 10.

• justin222
    2 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 9:43 AM

Hmmm - so no matter what you " bet" you have to win six out of ten matches just to break even

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 6:38 PM

I agree it's because the minimum stakes are too high. The minimum stakes should be 10 credits, with the winner winning 8 credits, and 2 credits going to WGT, as Gao said.

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 6:58 PM

Faterson:

The minimum stakes should be 10 credits, with the winner winning 8 credits, and 2 credits going to WGT, as Gao said.

I might even be happy with the winner getting 6 credits and WGT taking away 2 credits from each player, meaning that there's a 20% cut for WGT. At least I have the chance to bet some credits, however miniscule the number. There was an idea on another thread where WGT would waive the fee for a wager under a certain amount (i.e. 20 credits), and while this would be great it's not realistic because everyone would just bet 10 credits and not have to worry about a fee. However, I believe the fee should be higher for those who can pay for it (and not have a maximum of 175), and the minimum should be much, much lower. I think pretty much the entire WGT community is in favor of lowering the minimum to 10 credits.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 7:37 PM

Personally I don't have a problem with the current minimum wager.  My problem is with the drag for the site as we continue to see tourney prizes fall.  A bit paradoxical to me.  The new multi round tourney has WGT dragging 50% of 5000 if the 50 player max entries for the tournament is met.  If they keep taking more and more, they might just take away our desire to continue patronage too!

• Kevap
    35 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 4:04 PM
    One dollar is too much to wager??? You'd rather wager ten cents? WOW I think the 100 credits is a fair minimum... maybe make it 50 credits. I've only played for the minimum though... anyone who offers more I just decline.
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 4:31 PM

Yes, 1 dollar is definitely too much to wager for many WGT users. 10 cents would be fair to everyone; you could still wager more, if you wished. If you didn't care to play for 10 cents, you simply wouldn't join such a match. There are a lot of us who think playing for 10 cents per match would be fun. This site is supposed to be entertainment, not a substitute for our day-job and the income we get from it.

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 7:42 AM

Why impose any minimum wager at all? Id like to see any wager you like, even if its 1 cent, and no house charges for any game 10 or under. Maybe then people would start to see it as an achievable way of earning ball money which in the end goes back to WGT anyway.

Doesnt make sense to me to exclude so many people.

• kinkydevil
    33 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2009 11:45 PM
    HAHA at WGT 20% rake is a farce. All credits go back in the prio shop anyway. But a fair rake is 5% 20% (10% from both entrants is just theiving)
RSS