Forums

Help › Forums

New player - Amateur is killing me already

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 20 2020 8:26 PM (3 replies)
  • 0ddball
    1 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 6:34 PM

I don't understand why amateur is so much harder than hack? The slightest mistake and the ball spays wherever it wants. Driving to putting, nothing makes sense. I even have putts where my swing hits perfect on the line and it sprays left when I aimed right. Is this normal as a low level amateur?

• ejleh
    96 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 8:26 PM

make sure you are not playing on uneven lies. 

• AlaskanDame
    19,067 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 8:27 PM
    Unpredictability of shots is normal for starter clubs and starter balls, yes, no matter which tier.
  • alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2020 11:31 PM

0ddball:
    I even have putts where my swing hits perfect on the line and it sprays left when I aimed right.
    This doesn't look typical to me, as the putter is one of the better clubs in the Starter set.

Alas, the game becomes harder in itself from tier to tier, more "ticklish". Add the wind and a new green speed which makes putts more sensible to the breaks. Eventually, the tees will move back.

Take note of the green speeds which may differ from game to game, and distrust the caddie's proposals - especially around the greens. "Pitch" and "chip" are wrong most of the time!

Most important: Have fun!

P.S. Joining an active Country Club will grant you friends, support, and the Putter and Shot Pals (scales at the meter).

RSS