Forums

Help › Forums

Variable Wind

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 17 2009 8:07 AM (4 replies)
  • KevinLovelass
    94 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2009 6:24 PM

It seems to me that WGT is providing us with way more info than we are privy to on a real golf course.  I think if the wind speeds were only indicated to the players in ranges(0-5MPH, 6-10MPH, 11-15MPH, etc.) players would be forced to play safer more cautious shots.  Scrambling and lag putting would become more important (as in real golf).  Any thoughts out there?

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2009 5:07 AM

i've shared a similar opinion in the past...last i looked, i've not seen any pros in real life standing on a tee or in a fairway with a whirlybird in hand.

maybe in 2013 wgt can lose the wind speed and direction indicator and offer the ability to toss some loose grass in the air...players can judge the wind the old fashioned way.

gl

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2009 7:23 AM

molideha:
    the ability to toss some loose grass in the air...players can judge the wind the old fashioned way.

I have played a couple of golf games that had that feature plus the wind spend.I like the idea that we could have that option in our bag.If nothing else it would be pretty cool.Tossing around grass sounds like fun to me>...

Larry

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2009 7:38 AM

Sounds like a cool upgrade, for Masters, lol. I personally like the 12+ wind directions. As for speed, exact mph is giving players an advantage. Unfortunately I still need all the help I can get.

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2009 8:07 AM

KevinLovelass:
    It seems to me that WGT is providing us with way more info than we are privy to on a real golf course.  I think if the wind speeds were only indicated to the players in ranges(0-5MPH, 6-10MPH, 11-15MPH, etc.) players would be forced to play safer more cautious shots.  Scrambling and lag putting would become more important (as in real golf).  Any thoughts out there?

Here is a post of mine from six months ago.  None of it is done and only a few 'seem' to be close.

Lee

RSS