Help › Forums

Free ball?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 27 2023 2:25 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Dec 27 2019 6:26 AM

Perhaps tomab, the original poster, is an American living in Norway. Anyone ever catch the show Lilyhammer, where the main character, a gangster, goes into witness protection in Lillehammer, Norway. It starred  Steven Van Zandt of  E Street Band fame. It might be fitting that the OP were American and as such, expected a free ball for every holiday.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, Dec 27 2019 8:01 AM

Robert1893:

Ketket1:

Lol. You guys can be cruel,sometimes. I think he is from Denmark where English won't be his first language. So maybe he should be given the benefit of the doubt that he mis-understood ball versus ball effects. There are other languages out there besides English. I see it every day. The nuances of the English language can make it very difficult for non-English speakers. 

Actually, I believe his flag indicates Norway, where English is widely spoken. (By the way, English is also widely spoken in Denmark.) Additionally, his post demonstrates a very good command of the English language. Moreover, there was nothing really all that nuanced about the promotion.

I think the reaction is due (in part) to how snarky his post is. In other words, he goes full-on snark, while not understanding the promotion.

And yes, there are other languages out there besides English. Nevertheless, one could also observe that there are many individuals in other countries who are fluent in reading and writing English

And I’m English and live and work in France, the complexities of the French language are mind boggling, words are added all the time, none are never removed. Masculine, Feminine, adjective and adverb placement in a sentence will make you understood in a conversation or they(the French) will look at you like you have two heads.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 27 2019 8:52 AM

HackWilson1930:
    Anyone ever catch the show Lilyhammer,

OMG, was that ever a strange series. It seemed to move in slow motion but I actually enjoyed SVZ's acting. He was so over the top in Sopranos and I couldn't see him as anybody other than Silvio.  LOL

• nammvett
    123 Posts
    Fri, Dec 27 2019 9:11 AM

callaghan159:

Please go back and re-read the post. It says Jingle ball Effect. Not a free ball. Geez learn to read will you. 

Jingle ball effect...how perfectly childish is that?  

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Dec 27 2019 11:32 PM

Robert1893:

Ketket1:

Lol. You guys can be cruel,sometimes. I think he is from Denmark where English won't be his first language. So maybe he should be given the benefit of the doubt that he mis-understood ball versus ball effects. There are other languages out there besides English. I see it every day. The nuances of the English language can make it very difficult for non-English speakers. 

Actually, I believe his flag indicates Norway, where English is widely spoken. (By the way, English is also widely spoken in Denmark.) Additionally, his post demonstrates a very good command of the English language. .......

And yes, there are other languages out there besides English. Nevertheless, one could also observe that there are many individuals in other countries who are fluent in reading and writing English

Having worked some time in that region, I can tell you that most of the people spoke english at least as well as the average American!  Most spoke more of the King;s english - well!

• PeteM2
    3,438 Posts
    Tue, Dec 26 2023 7:53 AM

I read the post and it said Ball effect as it did on the 25th when I did get the ball effect - BUT  -  I,  and I suspect Tomab, did not get the ball effect today, even though it said I would????? 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Dec 26 2023 12:42 PM

PeteM2:

I read the post and it said Ball effect as it did on the 25th when I did get the ball effect - BUT  -  I,  and I suspect Tomab, did not get the ball effect today, even though it said I would????? 

Check to see if the amount of effect HITS increased.

Unless I am mistaken, if you already have an effect in your inventory, when there is a promotion like this, WGT simply ADDS hits to your effect.

• couchpot
    925 Posts
    Tue, Dec 26 2023 7:05 PM

I don't often use the effects, but I went to look today and the effect did not appear to be there.  I was given the effect yesterday.  Was it only to be used yesterday?

Also, someone mentioned a monthly free balls.  I don't think I've ever had that.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Dec 27 2023 8:26 AM

couchpot:

I don't often use the effects, but I went to look today and the effect did not appear to be there.  I was given the effect yesterday.  Was it only to be used yesterday?

Also, someone mentioned a monthly free balls.  I don't think I've ever had that.

If an effect is not listed in your inventory, check your Inbox to claim it.

• couchpot
    925 Posts
    Wed, Dec 27 2023 2:25 PM

Thanks TopShelf2010 for the reply.  I had already claimed it so the message is no longer in the Inbox.  I am not really concerned about the effects so it ok...I am just curious.

Edit: After checking today.  I do have it!

• PAGES
RSS