rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 27 2023 2:25 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • tomab
    517 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 11:27 AM

Get Your Free Holiday Gift Today 🎁

25 Dec 2019

Your free gifts will automatically be added to your inventory when you log in and play today.

Well - that did not happen. No ball came up in my inventory. But it's the thought that counts, so thank you WGT for the nice thougt.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 11:34 AM

Please go back and re-read the post. It says Jingle ball Effect. Not a free ball. Geez learn to read will you. 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 12:46 PM

callaghan159:

Please go back and re-read the post. It says Jingle ball Effect. Not a free ball. Geez learn to read will you. 

And there it is!
    Atleast one person will ask “where’s my ball”
    Happens every time!

• BHenke2
    397 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 12:47 PM

callaghan159:
    It says Jingle ball Effect. Not a free ball.

Every time! It amazes me that every time they give away ball effects there is at least one forum subject complaining about how someone did not get their ball. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 1:49 PM

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 1:53 PM

callaghan159:
    It says Jingle ball Effect.

Is that the one with the candy canes? Saw that yesterday and it looked like red and white worms were coming out of the ground.  :-D

• AlaskanDame
    18,970 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 3:02 PM

YankeeJim:

callaghan159:
    It says Jingle ball Effect.

Is that the one with the candy canes? Saw that yesterday and it looked like red and white worms were coming out of the ground.  :-D

Yep, candy canes.  If you have sound on, you could also hear jingling of bells.  Thus, “Jingle ball effects.”

Wgt’s explanation when they first switched to “effects” was that people with any ball could use them.  Many people did not want the free ball itself, according to them, and there was certainly some truth to that, esp. for higher tier players.  But, the lower tier ones and those without access to videos really liked the free balls and it enticed some to give up the starters and pay some credits for balls.  At least the monthly balls are still given, not monthly “effects.”  And do upper tier players use the effects anyway?  Not very many, I think.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 10:19 PM

AlaskanDame:
    Wgt’s explanation when they first switched to “effects” was that people with any ball could use them.  Many people did not want the free ball itself, according to them, and there was certainly some truth to that, esp. for higher tier players.  But, the lower tier ones and those without access to videos really liked the free balls and it enticed some to give up the starters and pay some credits for balls.  At least the monthly balls are still given, not monthly “effects.”  And do upper tier players use the effects anyway?  Not very many, I think.

’effects’ just one in a long long line of ‘childish’ gimmicks, along with the slot machine and scratchers aimed at enticing a much younger player, maybe while their drinking their milk during break.

• Ketket1
    6,889 Posts
    Fri, Dec 27 2019 12:36 AM

Lol. You guys can be cruel,sometimes. I think he is from Denmark where English won't be his first language. So maybe he should be given the benefit of the doubt that he mis-understood ball versus ball effects. There are other languages out there besides English. I see it every day. The nuances of the English language can make it very difficult for non-English speakers. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Fri, Dec 27 2019 5:52 AM

Ketket1:

Lol. You guys can be cruel,sometimes. I think he is from Denmark where English won't be his first language. So maybe he should be given the benefit of the doubt that he mis-understood ball versus ball effects. There are other languages out there besides English. I see it every day. The nuances of the English language can make it very difficult for non-English speakers. 

Actually, I believe his flag indicates Norway, where English is widely spoken. (By the way, English is also widely spoken in Denmark.) Additionally, his post demonstrates a very good command of the English language. Moreover, there was nothing really all that nuanced about the promotion.

I think the reaction is due (in part) to how snarky his post is. In other words, he goes full-on snark, while not understanding the promotion.

And yes, there are other languages out there besides English. Nevertheless, one could also observe that there are many individuals in other countries who are fluent in reading and writing English

• PAGES
RSS