Forums

Help › Forums

Scoring 52 is not a realistic score.

Wed, Jan 25 2023 10:23 PM (130 replies)
  • Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2023 11:25 AM

Squatch031:

Understand.  However, the point I was trying to make in an earlier post is that it it unrealistic if trying to mimic real-life golf.  I defy you to find a professional golfer with an average below the high 60s.  Also understand it is a game and not real golf.

I agree the game would be more fun if it played closer to real golf like a real golf Sim. The uneven lies on the old flash version of this game played much closer to real golf but sadly it is no longer available. The best real golf sim I remember playing was the old Links LS using the power stroke mode. It was difficult as real golf is but there were cheats at that too, there always are and you could say that about real golf too though not at higher levels of play in real golf much I don't think. Most of the super low scores you see in this WGT version of golf that does not even closely resemble real golf as you have pointed out are not cheats. They are just really good playing all the top equipment and balls. WGT is somewhat realistic to real golf in how it separates the average, good and excellent players. Just as in real golf you have to be able to make the putts to score well. Look at the PGA tour stats of players. Sand saves is a good one for me to make my point. The stats just count how many sand saves, it does not include how close the player got it to the hole out of the sand, only if they got it up and down. So, you will see all the players that are highly ranked in sand saves are also highly ranked in putts made. It does not mean they are necessarily a good sand player; it means they make the putt from wherever it ends up. Just have fun with the game and if you want a more realistic golf simulation game then try a different game because WGT is not going to change to a more realistic golf sim.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2023 11:53 AM

"Just have fun with the game and if you want a more realistic golf simulation game then try a different game because WGT is not going to change to a more realistic golf sim."

LTP's post is on point. This particular sentence ^^^ (to my mind) confirms that wgt will do the least they can get away with, as long as they remain profitable. The wgt product now available is not designed to mimic a "realistic" golf experience. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,511 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2023 3:41 PM

ct690911:

"Just have fun with the game and if you want a more realistic golf simulation game then try a different game because WGT is not going to change to a more realistic golf sim."

LTP's post is on point. This particular sentence ^^^ (to my mind) confirms that wgt will do the least they can get away with, as long as they remain profitable. The wgt product now available is not designed to mimic a "realistic" golf experience. 

I agree. It would be a good question to ask directly and get confirmed by WGT.

⇩⇩ Now it's the chance. ⇩⇩

WGT Nico Q&A - 1/27

• craigswan
    31,000 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2023 4:57 AM
    The new wgt experience is shankstars . Who plays that i wonder .
  • Squiregreener0
    4 Posts
    Wed, Jan 25 2023 4:47 PM

Having just begun to play WGT, I’m still amazed to see scores of the leaders on leaderboards. One thing I’ve realized is that I doubt I’ll ever get scores low enough to even make the cut of top 70 scores. So, I play a lot of practice rounds and pass away the time I’m prepared to use. However, as only a suggestion, it might be to everyone’s advantage if tournament entry requirements would be set for players with less experience, working up to different stages with more experience. I personally admire folks like Young46. Watching him and others of his calibrer is entertaining. With the amount of wins usually going to the “experts”goes the winnings which I suppose buys better equipment, balls, etc. Of course the same equipment is available if one is prepared to purchase more credits. I hope that the readers will at least recognize the different opinion than theirs.

RSS