Forums

Help › Forums

swing meter skip

Sun, Jan 10 2010 11:15 AM (36 replies)
  • Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2009 2:30 PM

I am having so many issues with skip that it is making this damn near impossible to even finish a round. It always seems to get worse when I am under par, and there is no rhyme or reason as to what causes it. Is there any way to request a rebate for money paid for clubs, so that I can go back to the free clubs and nothing invested in this? I am having a hard time justifying the cost of the clubs if WGT won't address this issue.

I am on 6Mb dsl and rendering through a Nvidia 8800GT on an Intel 2.6MHz dual core, plenty enough to play more graphically intense games without these issues THe swing meter should be rendered LOCALLY on the users machine, and the result then sent back to WGT after a click, in order to avoid these issues.  

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2009 2:35 PM

Vgolfmaster:
    THe swing meter should be rendered LOCALLY on the users machine

As far as I know, it is.

PS: This is Beta software, so requesting money back seems unrealistic.

• johnboyt
    4 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2009 4:18 PM

i was having trouble with the meter so i got a better graphics card and i dont have any more problems

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Nov 8 2009 4:46 PM

It's undeniable the amount of meter skipping can be influenced both by WGT (by improving the game design / server performance / whatever) and the user. Right at this minute, I have 2 notebooks in front of me, both rather old. One is 3 years old, the other perhaps 4 years old. One has 1GB of RAM, and the other 512MB of RAM. One has a 256MB graphics card, and the other a 64MB graphics card (both Radeon). While WGT's game is playable on both of these notebooks, the amount of meter skipping is distinctly higher on the older, less powerful notebook. Still tolerable, though; I just take another swing if I notice a lag.

(Funnily enough, I wasn't able to complete a TWO round on any of the 2 machines. Will try again later with the more capable notebook.)

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2009 5:37 AM

Vgolfmaster:
    It always seems to get worse when I am under par

Thats when it does it to me,or does it?I get real nervous when I start shooting a low number.I do alot of miss hittng of the meter.It's not so much "Meter Skip" for me as much as my ability to stay cool down the stretch.I play fast most of the time and when I get two or three under I get all in a hurry and don't pay as much attention as i should to maintain that low score.

I have learned to slow down and watch out for the meter glitches with a couple of practice swings to see whats going on.I hate to blame my poor play on any one issue right now but I have noticed that alot of people have some reason or another for not making birdie on every hole.

My only excuse is ...I'm not that good yet...

Getting better,

Larry

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2009 11:30 AM

Hi vgolfmaster, have you tried closing the other programs running during a game, turning off your putting grid and background loading, and other suggestions here? http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/635/2552.aspx

• Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2009 2:04 PM

WGTalex,

I will look through the steps in that forum later tonight and see if it helps, but I have been there before and followed them once earlier, to no avail. I don't understand how the putting grid would affect the swing meter on drives and fairway shots, but I'll give it a shot. Kind of defeats the purpose of a putting grid, if you can't use it.

All other programs are off, and I have even rebooted to clear the memory before playing, and it still sucks. Will try the steps in the link again, just to appease everyone and show that the issues is not on my end.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2009 3:05 PM

For me personally, I see the swing meter stutter when I have a lot of programs running in the background, and I am surfing the web at the same time. I also have background loading and putting grid turned off.

After you clear your cache, loading will take a little longer because your machine is re-downloading some pretty large assets. It should be faster after you play through a few rounds. This is also the reason why we don't recommend clearing your cache frequently.

• Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2009 10:08 PM

Just redid all the steps recommended here as well as in the link, and it makes no difference. This is not an issue on my end, it is poor programming.

Also, there is no option in the game menu for 'background loading', but I have everything shut off and flash quality 'high', and still get the same crap.

Is there anyone from WGT on these threads, so I can get an answer about a refund and going back to the free clubs?

• Vgolfmaster
    68 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2009 10:52 PM

I also cranked my fan up on my gpu just in case - still no diff......

RSS