Forums

Help › Forums

Players "QUITING" on me!!!

Tue, May 1 2012 8:48 PM (165 replies)
  • Boomerjay
    25 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 8:52 AM

I don't know if wgt can put some type of notation behind players who quit or get disconnected frequently, but they should try to solve this problem.  It's not fair too the partner or opponent they are playing against. I have started making a list of these players so if I start a game and see there name I'll boot them or if I join a game and see their name I will decline.  Hopefully WGT will find a way to solve this problem.  If they want to quit a game while playing by themselves cudos.  When they quit on other players, it's just not fair.

• broahes
    191 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 10:10 AM

This thread is full of zee lulz..

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 12:48 PM

I don't give a *** about ,,Master/ Legend,,blah blah blah. Some Buckeye wanna take down the Wolverine,,BRING IT!

As far as quitting goes?: In a game? QUIT DOIN IT! IF I QUIT IN THE PAST, I APPOLOGIZE!

I'm sorry. Is that what you want? I didn't knock in my 8' incher on the 9th for round level par. Crucify me.

This guy thread is in regard to clowns like,,last night, I plays another MASTER. He's 1-, I'm1+, the other guys 2+,,wer'e on the 9th.

The MASTER all the sudden looks at double bogey 5 footer,,POOF,,,gone,,,quit.

I'm sick up and fed on it man. I don't give a *** how tired you are of hearin about the quiters yada yada..WE GIVE A ***,,that you don't quit. (how you like that i'm H. longfellow now the poet)

Just be a man & stay in the game  & if you plan on quittin because it sucks,,,,don't play with anyone? DON"T )&%&*^EN JOIN THE G D GAME IF YOU DON"T WANNA KNOCK IN THE LAST PUTT!

Onward and upward,,,

• Canuck705
    8 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 2:07 PM

I totally agree, ("to go right to the last putt, wining or losing"). Personally I play it out no matter what and I'm getting tired of having 75% of the games tossed/frozen by those who ruin it. There really should be a deterrence for those who decide to quit. Perhaps a 2 point increase in their rating for every game cancelled? Some might argue this would not be fair if it was due to an internet disconnection, but we all know 99.9% of game cancellations are self imposed.

• broahes
    191 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 7:41 PM

As long as WGT exists, there will be those that quit.. it's better just to learn to deal with it, because it isn't going to go away.  I'm not saying it's right, just the way it is.

There is one main thing that you can do to ensure that you aren't faced with this, and that's keeping a solid list of friends that you know will not quit and understand that a bad round doesn't stay on your average long.. if at all.  I have started playing most of my ranked rounds either alone or with people I know are going to stick it out with me.. and that has gone a long way to ensure that my rounds get completed.

Brooks

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2011 9:28 PM

broahes:

As long as WGT exists, there will be those that quit.. it's better just to learn to deal with it, because it isn't going to go away.  I'm not saying it's right, just the way it is.

There is one main thing that you can do to ensure that you aren't faced with this, and that's keeping a solid list of friends that you know will not quit and understand that a bad round doesn't stay on your average long.. if at all.  I have started playing most of my ranked rounds either alone or with people I know are going to stick it out with me.. and that has gone a long way to ensure that my rounds get completed.

Brooks

i agree 100%  and join a CC that is verry active and fun :)

• robdelahunty
    670 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2011 3:30 AM

Boomerjay:
    I don't know if wgt can put some type of notation behind players who quit or get disconnected frequently, but they should try to solve this problem.

Reputation.......And Everything Else!

• robdelahunty
    670 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2011 3:32 AM

suncity28:

BubbaCrusher007:
    So anyone wants to tee it up with me,,lets rock,,,i don't give a *** if you are Moe Normans clone. Master Guru Golf Einstein.

BubbaCrusher007:
    golf gaming guru bring it,,I know what i got,,bring it on. Tired of this tripe lip service crap.

1000c or 2000c MPC game 

Send me an invite , ill show :)

Will he walk the walk?

• Sirch70
    11 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 12:14 PM

Quitters upset the other players and cost them experience points. They also put in a negative feel to the remaining players. They should be sanctioned, I'm not out for blood, so i suggest 1 day barred from wgt game for, every time they quit.

• southboys
    421 Posts
    Tue, Jan 17 2012 12:36 PM

maruschak:

I've been away from this game a long time,..just returned 3 wks ago and play every day,..I play few tournaments,NEVER getting on leader board. I'm level 52..scoring avg of 74+. I play starters clubs and practice from easy and medium tee boxes.

I've only played with about 3-4 players on line,...and yesterday and today I played 3 games on line with other players,.....EVERY one of them disconnected before the end of the round except one player! TodayI played a player wuth hi-tech clubs..he averaged 66,...we played at St Georges,...on the 11 th hole he hit in the weeds,...I was 2 over par and he was now 3 over...HE QUIT!!! I suppose he was not up to getting beat by a : hacker" by comparison!!

My point is simple,....I'm NOT gonna interact with wimps here. I'm  sure there are a lot with the same problem,...I will play with anyone willing to go right to the last putt, wining or losing!!! I just had to vent ,....I guess there are those ego maniacs here to simply enjoy "playing with themselves!!!"

hi jack, this hasnt happened to me recently as i always try to play friends in my list in which i have been working on it and i hope you did the same and resolved the problem!

southboys

ps: hit me up anytime you see me green!

RSS