Forums

Help › Forums

Players "QUITING" on me!!!

Tue, May 1 2012 8:48 PM (165 replies)
  • jvr86
    799 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 1:04 AM

Penalize is not the solution... beacuse some times you really lost connection or even WGT can crash or kick you out with no reason.... yeah, yeah clear cache and all the stufff!!! lol

What WGT should do is:

give the remaining players all the XP they deserve... For example if the quitter last up to #5: give the survivors of such round the XP of that rounds UP to hole #5... is very disapointed to see a player leaving the game when there is only 1 hole left... you will lose all those precious XP... and if luck is not on your side... the disconection may froze your game as well and you will no longer be able to come back to take at least your own XP you earned.

As far As I know there is a button that says "end round/main menu" if that button exist, everyone can use it as they please... but wgt need to take care of the ones who stayed to the end.

Another solution can be... to earn every XP after each hole.... and the "end of game message" would be just a summary of what we already earned... this way I would not care If I finished playing the round "solo" If I still get my XP and of course if the game don't get froze because of the player that quit!

but... just some thoughts! 

Jvr

• ljbast
    943 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 12:39 PM

StrokerLee:
    and by the penalty accessment I suggested you are dropped a level...you can pick that level back up in 2 weeks easy!!! 

ha, wait till you are level mid-90's and say that.  What is the big deal everyone makes of quitters.I'll give you a hint. Play with friends. I never have a game where someone quits, unless they state at the start they might have to leave, play an important match that was planned, or something. The key is to play with friends, people you actually know. Join a good CC and you won't see another quitter. Easy as that. Bottom line, if your'e going to play random games with random people, you are going to get quitters.

And if you think you can do anything about quitters, well then, good luck with that.

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 1:12 PM

nicely put sir.

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 5:08 PM

YancyCan:
    it must be our player icons that dern scared em off from these matches.

I don't reckon your icons are scary buddy . . . must be because they know you attract them thar cloud peoples and whatnot

• KJHAWK2
    567 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 5:28 PM

Why is this thread still going??? Isn't this forum about PGA players and whatnot?

HAWK

• angelsgolfing
    211 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 6:15 AM

play with players you know or by yourself , you can,t throw the book at guys who quit , thats there call like it or not , i don,t but its little you can do. it is  like this until quitting starts too take money out of your pocket theres little you can do & then what are you going too do. quitting is a big part of WGT get use to it or get out ............

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 1:05 PM

Oh, sorry: I forgot, this is the "I can't spell worth beans but even my dumb azz knows there's 2 T's in "Quitting" thread.

Again, my apology

P.S. & wth is it doing in the PGA tour& players forum?

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 7:40 PM

(Big sigh)   You mean we're not PGA players??   D.a.m.n. it all!!!    lol

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 8:20 PM

BubbaCrusher007:

Oh, sorry: I forgot, this is the "I can't spell worth beans but even my dumb azz knows there's 2 T's in "Quitting" thread.

No it's not dumb azz.

Again, my apology

For what?

Who knows,who cares?

A most enlightening post .. thanks.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 6:52 AM

nanstar:

BubbaCrusher007:

No it's not dumb azz.

Again, my apology

For what?

Who knows,who cares?

A most enlightening post .. thanks.

Oh, how about I 'enlighten' you. I made a tongue & cheek post in regard to "Oh , I'm sorry, I entered the wrong forum.

You see, I thought this forum was to discuss and approach the subject of the 'PGA" tour and it's players.

Subjects such as, why have ALL Austrailian players sucked so bad in Major Championships? Why can't ANY aussies win their share of Major Golf Campionships?

Those kind of subjects,,asz clown.

RSS