2,981 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 1:57 AM

Wrong thread (deleted)

Sorry MAC's

• BaasZacks
    2 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 4:37 AM

Hi,

When I try to launch the game on my Mac it keeps saying "run patchers in administrator mode" and closes

• CRowan
    405 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2020 7:28 AM

BaasZacks:

Hi,

When I try to launch the game on my Mac it keeps saying "run patchers in administrator mode" and closes

Once you download it, I downloaded it to my desktop for easy access, when the two icons pop up, WGT and apps folder, click and drag the WGT icon onto the WGTLauncher.dmg icon that will be on your desktop if you downloaded the file there. Now you can click the WGT icon and it will open the game.

• leighbullock
    1,009 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2020 10:03 PM

brave please message me as it won't work on my macbook i have the same wit launcher 1/ error/ run patcher in administrator V let me know but..

carlosdev:

Hi

When u click the link champ provided, it will take you to a new tab called "standalonewgt" and after couple of seconds the page will go blank and then the .dmg launcher file will start downloading. 

It is 22 mb file. 

- Carl 

• Coachcasa
    781 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2020 1:46 PM

Has anyone else on a Mac upgraded to the new OS Big Sur?  I'm asking because with Flash coming to an end I can no longer play on the Safari or Chrome browsers, Firefox has a very jumpy flash control, I can't get Maxthon to load the game pop-up window when I try and play-it's a blank window.  So I switched over to the WGT app for Mac a month ago and just started getting used to it, but I find all of the sudden that it has trouble loading and when it does it's really slow.  Has anyone else experienced this if you are using Big Sur?  I'm starting to worry that I'm going to have to give up WGT.  Does anyone have any other solutions?  Thanks.

• MalleeHacka
    3,570 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2020 2:05 PM

Coach,

I downloaded Big Sur yesterday onto m MacBook Pro and played WGT on Steam without any problems.

Cheers,

Bob [down under]

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2020 3:10 PM

• Coachcasa
    781 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2020 12:22 PM

MalleeHacka:

Coach,

I downloaded Big Sur yesterday onto m MacBook Pro and played WGT on Steam without any problems.

Cheers,

Bob [down under]

My problems seemed to disappear after a few days!

• carolgolf
    72 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2020 9:56 AM

OOOOOOOOOOO boy it works but not any where near as well as original with flash.  Someone told me to try steam and it's the same exact one as the wgt desktop.  No blitz anymore that I can see.  I don't like it but better than nothing.  Someone said they were getting an IMAC for christmas so they could play it on that.  What difference would that make on the original version you would still need flash right.  I don't like the setup it's all backward and the swing is on the opposite side. Grrrrrrrrrr

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2020 5:15 PM

TopShelf2010:

Coachcasa:
    Has anyone else experienced this if you are using Big Sur?

Recently there was a player in the Forums talking about this. Can't seem to find the thread at the moment. I will keep searching and post a link if I can find it.

Don

UPDATE: Click the following link to view the post that was made...

Big Sur post from dedBuNNy

The only update for this I would add is, depending what Mac you're using, BS uses a lot more memory and I was having some dropouts on WIFI on the MBP 2015 Retina I load the game on.

I loaded Catalina back on and used my backup game folder, ran the golf.app bypassing the launcher and the game was back to smoothness in all areas, no issues.

I'd be curious as to how the game performs on the new M1 Mac's.... I'm sure it just rips through it with no issues at all.

RSS