Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for Mac

Sun, Dec 3 2023 4:32 AM (117 replies)
  • coastiesmitty
    19 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 3:24 PM

Hello Champion, 

Just got the M1 MacBook Pro, tried to follow the link, and this is what I got: 

ERROR: access to /Volumes/WGTLauncher/ is forbidden; run patcher in administrator mode

• AlaskanDame
    18,969 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 3:49 PM

coastiesmitty:

Hello Champion, 

Just got the M1 MacBook Pro, tried to follow the link, and this is what I got: 

ERROR: access to /Volumes/WGTLauncher/ is forbidden; run patcher in administrator mode

I have several people getting “administrator forbids. . . “ messages, too.  What’s up?

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2020 5:14 PM

Disable SIP. 

This is actually an issue with the developers at WGT/TG for not understanding OSX and Mac installation environment. 

There is a way to run a Mac as root, you shouldn't though, if you start installing and bypassing the security protocols in place, you'll run into issues running some software.

Big Sur is a headache with the install process, actually Catalina is as well. 

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2020 9:34 AM

How do I know if someone is sending me an invite on this new app?

• LaMontilla
    1 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2020 8:29 AM

I cannot open the game now. I get an error message about access to patcher, or something like that. What happened to the easy way to log in and play?

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2020 12:17 PM

When playing on Mac's... view the contents of the game, right click. go into the applications folder and drag the golf.app to the dock...

Run that to start the game, it bypasses the patcher/update.... 

• HalYes
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2021 4:23 PM

That is the same Error message I have gotten after trying many times. I tried dragging the application into launcher but that just gave me a different error message. 

• richdi
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 2:33 AM

Tried to install on my mac mini from apple, says its not available?

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 5:05 AM

HalYes:

That is the same Error message I have gotten after trying many times. I tried dragging the application into launcher but that just gave me a different error message. 

This doesn't make any sense... Take a screen shot of your application folder so can see what you have there. 

• Marcrest
    4 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2021 9:16 AM

Hey Champ. I converted to the desktop app prior to the loss of flash. It was a change, but I got through it. However ever since the end of flash there is no one to play with? I've tried multiplayer, alternate shot, etc. NOTHING! I've tried with apparel bonus on and off NOTHING! This game is fun because of the camaraderie with others, but if there's no interaction... what do we do, forget WGT? I'm sure others are experiencing this so a prompt reply would be appreciated.

RSS