Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Desktop Early Access for Mac

Sat, Nov 25 2023 10:05 AM (290 replies)
  • iKev
    366 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2020 3:19 PM

Marcos - 

Glad the tips were useful.  And, I thank you for the tip of connecting via Apple TV to my television for an even higher screen resolution.  If I ever get in this situation again, I now have two ways to fix it.  

Kev (iKev)

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Tue, May 26 2020 4:40 PM

RickinWaSt:

I recently started WGT on May 1st. I'm a little late to the discussion on the new (?) Flash versions for both the PC and Mac. After reading the posts this year...

Question: Would I have the new "Flash" version downloaded on my Mac Pro when I join on May 1st? I looked at the "About WGT Golf" drop down menu, but there was no version or other information. 

You don't download the flash version, it is browser based.  Reached by going to WGT.COM  The only downloads involved with it are some flash files, and they are done when you are playing.

Question: If I need to download the "Flash" version will I have two WGT programs on my desktop? 

Yes, you can run both the flash version and the new PC Early Access on your PC.  You can also get the new PC Early Access on the Steam Platform client.  All three can be accessed from your computer.

Question: Is there a link that details the differences with the "Flash" version?

NO

The other question that was not asked, there is also a mobile version that can be downloaded to a mobile device.

Thanks!

• Tgkomv
    617 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2020 6:37 AM

Robert1893:

@Tgkomv

In the Mac, why don't you simply add a second space (or virtual desktop), and then run the game in full screen mode in that space while having your other open apps in the first space. 

You could then easily swipe between the two. If I recall correctly, with a Mac, you can run up to 16 spaces. 

Edit: Actually, you don't even need to do that. Sorry, I don't play it on my Mac. I had to download it to play with it some. Just run the game in full-screen mode to begin with. It places it in a second space automatically. 

Again, you can swipe between the full mode version and your primary space or desktop. If you click on the mission control button, you can see the two desktops or spaces. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I will experiment with this. 

• Tgkomv
    617 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2020 6:38 AM

carlosdev:

Tgkomv:
    The 4x3 resolution window is extremely small. It's hard to play using such a small window. But it does look nice in full-screen. Many players suggest using that resolution to have a better chance at hitting the ding. The 16x9 (1920x1080) offers a very sharp picture, but the meter is stretched out and it is very hard to hit the ding. But this also looks very nice in full-screen. It would be nice if we could change to full-screen window and back with a simple click of a button.

I concur with you Tom

Wish they give us free screen size as well.

Please note: Tom owes me approximately 3000 Beer cans n counting !!!! 

I thought it was up to 6000! lol

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, May 27 2020 6:39 AM

Tgkomv:
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will experiment with this. 

👍

• Jesssicadog
    631 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 5:02 AM

When I tried to install all I got was

ERROR- access to/Volumes/WGTLAUNCHER/ is forbidden;run patcher in administration mode 

No idea what this means or how to get round it

I am running MACOS CATALINA 10.15.5

Thank you

• sharklife
    441 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 2:14 PM

The same thing happens to me. I can't open the App anymore. I have the same configuration as you.

Sharklife

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Jun 8 2020 2:40 PM

Jesssicadog:

When I tried to install all I got was

ERROR- access to/Volumes/WGTLAUNCHER/ is forbidden;run patcher in administration mode 

No idea what this means or how to get round it

I am running MACOS CATALINA 10.15.5

Thank you

Earlier in the thread, people reported a similar issue. For at least one person, i think the issue was either an antivirus program they had running or a firewall setting. 

I'm also running Catalina 10.15.5 and was able to download, install, and run the program without issue. It even did any updates without hiccups. But I don't run antivirus programs or firewalls,. 

• Timb07407
    144 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2020 11:15 AM

Hi Thanks

have any of your friends or acquaint had any loading issues??

After the download and runI just get an error msg and that is as far as i have been able to go! It may be something easy but I'm not very computer literate! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Timb07407

• headhacker
    98 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 12:43 PM

Just downloaded, installed, and run this on 06/20/2020 with no issues. I'm running Mojave on a MacBookPro.

It is very similar to the mobile app, and ran fine. Will take some getting use to but I think it is livable, not great, no spectacular upgrade, but definitely playable at this hour as they say.

BTW - The avatar was similar, had different hair, but I liked it. Won't miss the golf bag.

Cheers,
    Jon 

RSS