Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Desktop Early Access for Mac

Sat, Nov 25 2023 10:05 AM (290 replies)
  • blackridgenik
    104 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 12:32 PM

Thanks for your help, that seems to have solved the problem  I now have my clubs back and all is good.

Many thanks 

• dlrdave
    19 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2020 4:59 PM

I downloaded everything on my Mac and it looks great. The only problem I have with it is that I can't resize the window. I can't see my swing meter in a game so it's unfortunately useless. And I was so looking forward to playing the same app on my phone on a bigger screen  :(. If you can fix that one little problem it would be perfect!

• JJBogeyFree
    1 Posts
    Mon, Apr 27 2020 5:12 PM

Started playing today, everything going well then game froze on 3rd hole of a match.  Since then I am unable to reconnect with an "Error Code: Error" message...WTH.  Reinstalled, no luck.  Do see that my 10k match entry fee is gone even though I was up by 2 strokes with an easy 2-putt for the win...nice.

Really sorry that I spent cash for credits today.

• leewebb
    48 Posts
    Tue, Apr 28 2020 4:48 AM

I've just tried this today on my mac and I do have a slight rippling effect when the ball goes high and then down again.

Has this been mentioned? Sorry I haven't read the whole thread yet.

• leewebb
    48 Posts
    Tue, Apr 28 2020 4:54 AM

Mine runs on High Sierra, 2011 iMac i7

4,130 Posts
    Thu, Apr 30 2020 3:32 PM

Last time I played EA (a few days ago), my ding hit still will randomly not register.  There is either nothing (which is a practice swing) or it's way, way late and can result in a lost ball.

It's like playing Russian Roulette and will definitely get in to your head.  To compensate, I will aim a little right and miss early.  Left of ding seems to stick.  Not the ideal way to play the game.

Don't have this on flash and really don't want to buy a new mouse to see if that's the problem.

Keep hoping one day this will no longer be an issue.  Liking it otherwise.  The avatars creep me out and I wish there was not so much emphasis on apparel.  Oh well.

• dharmacat
    2,172 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2020 8:45 AM

I wanted to try a different video setting and a smaller window on my iMac, so I changed the settings on video which minimized the screen, but then when I went to play and try it out, I couldn't even see the putting/hit meter, or anything on the bottom of my screen!! I couldn't get back to the settings to change back!

I uninstalled and re-installed 3 times, but it always comes back the same.

Please, can someone help me?? I can't play it at ALL now!

• dfitzmahan
    38 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2020 9:55 AM

Hey, DCat.  Bummer.  Any chance you are in Full Screen mode?  Or that you have zoomed into the screen?  If you want some help with this, send me a PM.  I'd be happy to help, as one Mac user to another.

• janwm69
    2 Posts
    Tue, May 19 2020 1:21 AM

trying to play the st Andrews course and getting the following error while loading: course [48%]:

Error: unable to parse xml

• dharmacat
    2,172 Posts
    Wed, May 20 2020 5:25 AM

Hi

No, the problem started because I was in full screen at the highest resolution, which was ok, but I couldn't use the buttons on the far left to quit a game or other things...they wouldn't work. Also, I c couldn't see ANYTHING else on my screen..it was completely filled, so no other windows to go into, like my mail, or Discord, etc.

So, I went to the video settings and went out of full screen and lowered the resolution.

It looked great at first, and I opened a window to play a 3 hole match...then realized I couldn't see the bottom of the screen where the putting line was, or the mark to hit the ball! So, I couldn't play at all!

Also, I couldn't get to the video settings to change it back!! All those controls had disappeared below my screen.

I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times, and it remains the same, even when I go through applications remove all the "bits". I was hoping when I reinstalled to would run in it's original format.

If you can be  of any help at all, I'd appreciate it!

Cat :-))

RSS