Forums

Help › Forums

Limited Credit Videos

Sun, Jul 9 2023 7:30 PM (416 replies)
  • blackridgenik
    104 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 2:54 PM

I bet the box up that no videos are available at the moment, so can’t play anyway. I had a update, before the update I had the problem watching and not being paid.

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 3:07 PM

bossbird:
    Well done wgt , and would be nice to hear from you sometime telling us what is happening .

If the opening phrase was meant cynically then I give this a +1.

WGT needs to understand that we are the consumers AND consumer confidence matters to their bottom line.

I, like many others got 150 credits the first day,  then got 274 the second, but the last 36 hours - Zero, Zed, Nada, Nothing... (choose your word).

Just let us know WGT.

EE

PS - I joined on December 10, 2012 and have been a loyal fan since the day I joined. I am currently at a 2,507 CDP streak. While I have never opened my wallet and spent my $ as I am retired, I rather used videos on laptop when we had them, surveys when we did not have videos, and recently 2 credit videos on my phone (1 tap at a time watch it and go to the next). I have "spent" over $6,000 (in the WGT exchange rate for credits) over my soon to be 7 years playing what I consider to be a fine game.

OK so WGT may only have made 3, 4, 5 thousand dollars off me BUT if WGT had made me an offer on December 10th 2012 to buy the game and play for free and wanted to charge me $3,000 for the game when every other game out there was $60 at the time and you play for free forever. Hummm - what do you all think my answer would be?

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 3:31 PM

jason01291:

Spend some Bucks and get a proper software Expert 

Ur team doesnt know what they doing every Maintainence

Posting the same comments in multiple threads could be considered spam thus a violation of the Posting Guidelines.

And for the record, I find it quite hilarious that you are saying spend some bucks. Considering how generous the community has been in the past buying you equipment and balls.

Don

• AlaskanDame
    18,996 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 6:40 PM

Did some “research.”  Used up enough credits buying balls to get below what I thought could be a “magic number” of saved up credits,  Tried videos.  No credits recorded.

So then I played 8 WGT CTTH tournaments on my mobile platform.  Tried videos again.  Still no credits recorded.

So, purchases don’t matter (or I just didn’t use up enough of what I have stashed away for club prizes), and playing on the mobile site where I usually watch videos doesn’t matter either (or is H2H required?).

Sigh. . . . Just when I thought my days were numbered due to the new nonFlash version, this clamp down makes those days even fewer.  

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 6:49 PM

AlaskanDame:

Did some “research.”  Used up enough credits buying balls to get below what I thought could be a “magic number” of saved up credits,  Tried videos.  No credits recorded.

So then I played 6 WGT CTTH tournaments on my mobile platform.  Tried videos again.  Still no credits recorded.

So, purchases don’t matter (or I just didn’t use up enough of what I have stashed away for club prizes), and playing on the mobile site where I usually watch videos doesn’t matter either (or is H2H required?).

Sigh. . . . Just when I thought my days were numbered due to the new nonFlash version, this clamp down makes those days even fewer.  

Cheer up, my lady,  once they figure out how bad they mucked this one up, things will get better, if they want to survive.  If they can't figure it out, then we have had a good run.  

Happy Thanksgiving to you!!!!! 

• nerve60
    285 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 7:04 PM

This may be off topic, but: Just sat through and completed a 10 (reality -30) minute survey.

O CREDITS

• Senga20
    3,046 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 7:14 PM

WGTChampion:

Hi everyone,

As many of you have already noticed, we have limited the use of our free credit videos.

The app is supposed to be notifying players when a player has reached the limit, but for some reason this messaging is not showing. We are working to resolve the notification issue as quickly as possible.

While we have been happy to leave video ads uncapped for years, over the last several months the abuse of this feature has forced us to make a change.

There are individuals and clubs distributing tools on how to automate watching free credits. They're using multiple devices and programs to receive thousands of credits per day. The exploitation of this feature was not limited to a small number of users or clubs. In some cases, players had doubled their entire account lifespan in video-minutes watched.

When making this change, we wanted to make sure there would still be a fair number of ads for players to watch for free credits while also following the recommendations of our ad partners. This change still allows players to watch many more videos than what was recommended.

I'm sorry that I wasn't available to address this sooner and I sincerely apologize to everyone upset by this change. 

Thank you for your understanding and support. 

_CHAMPION 

So now the actions of a few completely ruin it for everyone else. Thoroughly disgusted that some on this game appear to have now ruined it so for others.  How utterly selfish.  I do not understand why WGT cannot just deal with the culprits in the appropriate manner as they are I gather acting in violation of your terms.  With all due respect I am wondering if this is indeed the reason at all.

I was always told the videos were regional which quite clearly was not the case and that WGT had no control whatsoever of the content or the playing of same.  It would now appear that is not so.  I am glad i have read this just now as my hubby has been planning to purchase the L101 Spider Putter for me as an early Christmas present as I have recently tiered up to Legend.  I will tell him not to bother until I see some resolution to this issue.  if the videos are going to be few and far between the game will simply not be sustainable for me, I am quite sure the majority will feel the same.

So far this morning in OZ I have had zero credits available .. not happy Jan! 

Dee

• AlaskanDame
    18,996 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2019 10:12 PM
    Luckystar5:
    Happy Thanksgiving to you!!!!! 
    Same to you, Mr. Star!
  • RickEh
    104 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 12:38 AM

Yup i have played one credit video after every hour for 2 days with no credits. I am ok with starter balls. But I am on a limited budget and cant afford the price for fancy balls. I am lucky... I have good equipment so dont really need any more. I watched videos nonstop for 8 to 10 hrs a day so I could buy my clubs. It took a lot of time and dedication and my finger was hurting from hitting the buttons... but never used a bot. I would go on a credit binge until I earned enough for what I needed. I needed better clubs so it was part of the game. Had a 250 day bonus run going but missed one day and lost the bonus. And I havent missed playing a day since. I gifted a 3 sleeves of 99 credit balls to new club members and now cant do anything to encourage them to get more involved. I have no credits now. So no more clubs, balls, passes membership again. Sure hope they find a way to punish the credit miners out there. And not the other 2 million people who play fair. I looked at earning credits as a part of the game. But as I cant buy clubs even if I do attain higher levels... there is no incentive to even click the watch video for more xp button as there is no point. I wont click anything anymore. No videos at all for any reason. Love WGT but you guys kind of shot yourself in the foot with this one... let me know if credits start working... till then.... im out...

• mak92
    57 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 2:48 AM

Hi,

Regarding the WGT mobile app , Can anyone point me in the direction if there is an Active Thread I can have a read up on ,Or just give me a quick reply here please,  I was wanting to play a game yesterday when out and about and download the app , I found there is no free games like Blitz ext only paid games to enter . So is there no free games on the app as I couldn't find any ... Only placing ball on green and putting , But that wasn't a proper game ... Thx Mark

RSS