Help › Forums

Limited Credit Videos

Sun, Jul 9 2023 7:30 PM (416 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 9:02 AM

Tacoma802:
    Couple of thoughts on this topic:

In regards to #1... it won't stop strip mining with automated processes … I suspect those doing so would simply adapt the time allotted and simply restart the automated process every hour while they sleep... 

-- remember the "opportunists" or "smart people" easily adapt their software or programs to undermine the intent of manually clicking through videos... 

- it seems more plausible that one of the various verification processes that initiate any video watching - such as - verify you are not a bot by selecting specific squares on a 9 panel screen to identify cars or stop lights would restrict or hinder the bots from being used.

-- yes, these are a pain in the butt to deal with, but if it would alleviate the "strip mining" of credits with bots and allow real people to manually watch videos then it would potentially restore the availability of videos to the larger community that was not exploiting or strip mining credits.

• RickEh
    104 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 9:29 AM

Having it catcha after 10 videos wouldnt be too obtrusive and would definately stop the bots.  after 3 tries or misses by the bot... ban the ip address.

Select all the traffic lights etc. Beats haing to restart the app every time and will reduce server loading.

el3n1:

Tacoma802:
    Couple of thoughts on this topic:

In regards to #1... it won't stop strip mining with automated processes … I suspect those doing so would simply adapt the time allotted and simply restart the automated process every hour while they sleep... 

-- remember the "opportunists" or "smart people" easily adapt their software or programs to undermine the intent of manually clicking through videos... 

- it seems more plausible that one of the various verification processes that initiate any video watching - such as - verify you are not a bot by selecting specific squares on a 9 panel screen to identify cars or stop lights would restrict or hinder the bots from being used.

-- yes, these are a pain in the butt to deal with, but if it would alleviate the "strip mining" of credits with bots and allow real people to manually watch videos then it would potentially restore the availability of videos to the larger community that was not exploiting or strip mining credits.

• MartMan57
    1 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 9:32 AM

I think many players have been maxed out, possibly red flagged for watching too many vids. this is likely to become a big issue as more players encounter this situation. I am not a fan of golf balls that wear out and cost 100 credits to replace. If you can't earn credits then you are being required to spend real money to buy virtual equipment. That's ok if you choose to buy credits to upgrade clubs, that's your choice, but spending cash for balls? Not fair for most players. Also these are not "free' credits, I feel we are being paid for watching the ads not being gifted credits for no effort. I love the game but it is not without flaws, the credit structure being one of them.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 9:57 AM

RickEh:
    Having it catcha after 10 videos

Thats the same as restarting the app, I had to after every 8 videos.

Same principle!

RickEh:
    Select all the traffic lights etc. Beats haing to restart the app every time

• Jeff052551
    35 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 10:22 AM

Clicking on free credit videos every few hours, just one or two clicks for the last two days and no credits. Then logged on about 1/2 hour ago and my total was up 38 credits. Thought maybe just taking forever to add our credits. Clicked on 5 videos, 10 credits, not added but waiting to see if they are on at a later time. Maybe I am on credit moderation.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 10:35 AM

#andwhy

I think selecting random images on a screen is different than restarting the app... 

if I understand what is being done with automated processes, they can create routines / scripts to also restart an app... the screen positions are the same... I believe it is the location and randomized screen location or selecting items that would throw these "scripts" or bots off a bit...

but a Bot or routine or script can simple do 5 videos, restart the app, do 5 videos, restart the app, because everything is the same screen location.  it can still be exploited albeit a little slower.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 10:48 AM

My assumption was aimed more at the time scale, for me to close the app and restart, compared to selecting squares containing what ever, not a lot of difference, but then your always going to find someone with yet another opinion.

As for auto clickers, go to YouTube, it’s all there, some not so good, never tried it.

On the plus side I was able to grab credits Saturday morning!

el3n1:
    restart the app, because everything is the same screen location.

On an iPad no it’s not, to double click and close the app, you use the home screen, the watch another is nowhere near where you would watch another video tab is. I don’t know about an emulator, I’ve never used one.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 10:52 AM

Bishop7319:

Would it be possible to bring back credit video's for us poor PC users?

It is not fair that PC users (esp. older PC's) cannot earn credits but mobile users can.

download an emulator. Problem solved.

• jimstinson67
    3,254 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 11:06 AM

Mythanatos:

download an emulator. Problem solved.

Not necessarily; have NOX downloaded and Credit Reward Videos not present...

• RickEh
    104 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2019 11:36 AM

Yay... it started working again... gonna count em.

Edit:  yep 9 restarts and 150 credits exactly until it stopped adding.

Sure beats no credits. Thank you WGT.  I can live with it. Will check to see if they show up tomorrow at the same time.

RSS