Help › Forums

Swing Meter size...

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 7 2019 1:29 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • RDHacker
    103 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 12:11 PM

This is really a personal preference thing more than anything else but I hate the size of the swing meter in the desktop version of the game. I understand why it covers most of the screen on the mobile version but it seems much too large on my monitor.

I also know that some people may prefer the enormous meter. I would like to see a few different options to choose from in the future.

Programmers nightmare or easy to implement?

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 1:29 PM

Play in 1024x768..you ll have shorter and slower meter

Nik

• RDHacker
    103 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 7:20 AM

salamicus:

Play in 1024x768..you ll have shorter and slower meter

Nik

I appreciate the suggestion but I have a large monitor and like to play the game in fullscreen mode.

RD

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 9:16 AM

RDHacker:
    like to play the game in fullscreen mode.

you may still be able to do so, but it may require you also tweaking some of your own screen resolution settings in combination with the settings of the game.

part of the challenge, each persons personal settings can also distort the images... even in the old or current flash version... people regularly tweaked the game or settings on their computer to obtain optimal playability.  not sure I see the new version being much different.  people will tweak or customize settings to suit their own preferences.

you may send WGT a help request sharing your monitor type, current resolution settings, and the resolution/ aspect ratio you are trying to play the game in... they may already be aware of what will look better for you.  

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 10:53 AM

Game seems to adapt pretty well no matter how you squish it ...

... just working on some additional features to my fullscreen app. : )

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 11:04 AM

ScottHope:
    just working on some additional features to my fullscreen app. : )

are you tweaking both the game settings and the monitor resolution settings or what are you finding to work best?  the bottom image is more of what I am use to but am sure others will differ. 

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 11:07 AM

I am working on giving you the option to make the game screen whatever size you want, rather than being limited to what the game currently offers.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 11:15 AM

Sounds like that will make some people quite happy.  

While everyone is different, I found the 4:3 ratio more appealing and if I adjusted the monitor resolution I could enlarge that window... it wasn't full screen but it looked more appealing to my eye than the "wide screen version of 16:9.  

It sounded like the wide screen version is what was giving the impression of a faster stretched out meter at the bottom.  

Thanks for your efforts and work!

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 11:34 AM

Thank you sir.

I'm not promising that what I'm working on will ever be let loose on the WGT community because I only mess about with this sort of stuff for the fun of it, I'm not qualified or educated in it in any way. And because of that I can easily become foxed by errors that I have no idea how to solve. So things can quite easily end up being shelved or binned as unfinished projects. But I am progressing okay currently so fingers crossed for a successful outcome.

Cheers,

Scott.

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 3:12 PM

I don't see game optimized at all for 16:9... Look the size of that meter. No skies at all. On Andrews its sky, on Olympic you cant tell where is the branch.

"Pretty well" would be when in any resolution you see same stuff on screen.. Like in any normal game made I ve played :)

Nik

edit : Look how many resolutions here. Can you see anything missing at all from screen. It can shrink a bit on some...but never seen whole field of view shrinks in half

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCCwgUrBpI0

• PAGES
RSS