Forums

Help › Forums

Setup fail

Sun, Nov 17 2019 5:35 PM (22 replies)
  • Fanling2002
    1,149 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 7:27 AM

LEDzZzEPP:
    I dont think that error are due .Net Framework, i had that same error with the launcher provided by wgt......but i was able to try te app (via files shared by Scott), and runs ok, i have version 4.5 of .Net Framework (win 7)

could you kindly point out where are "the files shared by Scott".or if possible give a link for download

does it mean that you don't need to make the setup of the users group as mentioned in your other post

many thanks

• ScottHope
    10,093 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 8:35 AM

Sorry Fanling, WGT requested that I remove those files so they could keep tally of the downloads.

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 9:57 AM

alosso:

Hi there,

tried to install the new game in Win7 Pro - failed:

(tried both from a restricted user and an admin user)

Furthermore, the PC refused to start when I issued a restart afterwards. I had to use the included repair tool - an awkward 30 minutes wait&hope.

Not wanting to endanger my system again, it looks like WDEA is not for me :(

Still have that same problem too. :( I`m on Win7.

Bjorn

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 10:57 AM

Well well, i just installed the "new" game! Eehhhmmm, not a fan of it as it is, putting harder, have to figure out the resolution and more.

Bjorn

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2019 5:09 PM

Bowl64:

alosso:

Hi there,

tried to install the new game in Win7 Pro - failed:

(tried both from a restricted user and an admin user)

Furthermore, the PC refused to start when I issued a restart afterwards. I had to use the included repair tool - an awkward 30 minutes wait&hope.

Still have that same problem too. :( I`m on Win7.

Bjorn

I think if you reinstall the game launcher it should work. Let me know how you do once you try it.

-wgticon

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2019 10:40 PM

alosso:

WGTicon:
    I think if you reinstall the game launcher it should work. Let me know how you do once you try it.

Thanks for your reply!

Should I really bring risk to my OS again?

You "think" in subjunctive terms - not quite convincing, I'm afraid.

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 1:37 AM

alosso:

alosso:

WGTicon:

Thanks for your reply!

Should I really bring risk to my OS again?

You "think" in subjunctive terms - not quite convincing, I'm afraid.

I

WGT Champ said a few days ago it would be fixed this week and it has been fixed, for  myself, and many others, at any rate.

He mentioned something about it being a foreign language issue, which kind of makes sense as looking through the thread it was maybe just players from certain countries that were not able to download it.. (despite the UK flag i am not in UK btw.)

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 6:29 AM

Thank you for that information - I didn't follow the discussions after the failed attempt, until icon's reply.

I'm gonna have a look into it (staff knows what that means ;))

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 11:20 AM

A recent patch fixed this issue. Of course, if anyone else is still having the problem, let us know. 

_CHAMPION 

• BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 11:50 AM

WGTChampion:

A recent patch fixed this issue. Of course, if anyone else is still having the problem, let us know. 

_CHAMPION 

The launcher window appears on my pc desktop, says it is updating, and then just sits there doing nothing.  I have given it as much as an hour to update and launch the game but it does not do it. 

I should also mention that I have Linux Mint as an operating system and used the wine program to access the launcher. 

RSS