Help › Forums

First Impressions

Thu, Oct 10 2019 12:08 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 1:54 PM

JimbeauC:
    Putting seems a bit wonky, but since I don't have post-its calibrated for the different sized screen, could just be me. 

By setting res to 1024x768 my existing post-its are darned close. Nope. Not just me. Putting is messed up. I found myself 3 putting from 6 ft. 

On long putts, I find the too large aim marker a hindrance in behind the hole view. I'd have to completely rethink analyzing the dot movement. Breaks seem exaggerated. 

It was updated today, and I note that Tourneys are now obvious. At least I don't think I would've missed it yesterday. 

On another note, has anyone taken the time to size up the pitch grid?

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Oct 4 2019 3:31 AM

Aim and putting - I think people are thinking it's going to play like the Flash version. It's not.

This version feels much more like TGC, or PG, even in the 'pre-release' state it's a massive improvement over the Flash version. 

People are so used to 'doing the math' and hitting dead-on shots, won't be that easy, especially if they load in actual EM physics engines. 

What would be better I think than adding in the gimmicky special gloves n shoes, would be to add in the ability to buy different shaft options, different blade options etc. 

Also being able to adjust shots differently, as in say closing the club face, being able to 'blast' out of bunkers, hit real bump & runs shots around the green?

All in all though I'd say WGT so far have a pretty nice start to loading up the desktop version of the mobile game.  

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Oct 4 2019 5:42 AM

YankeeJim:
    And one of these rounds I'll stop trying to move the aimer in the inset map.  LOL

1. I'm still doing the same thing also

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Oct 4 2019 11:58 AM

JimbeauC:
    I kind of like the green view option. I haven't used it enough to evaluate its accuracy. 

Played PH today and checked it out. On one hole the normal view showed slightly downhill. The green view clearly showed the ball rolling toward me from the cup. I played the putt using the normal view info. Distance was correct. (Of course it broke way too much.) 

It looks like the green view as it is right now is flawed. If it gets fixed, I think I might prefer it. It's so much more like reading a putt in real life. 

• DUFFR99
    571 Posts
    Fri, Oct 4 2019 12:49 PM

It Is Different !!  Have played the original game since 2009, all the way up through the top rankings with two different players...I never had problems aiming or playing shots before, but this thing is a mess, some may like it, but I don't care much for it so far...looks like an old Atari game with cavemen for avatars...!

duffr99/Mike

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Oct 10 2019 12:08 PM

Got a warning of 1 hit left on the ball and the opportunity to buy more even though I still had 4 in the bag. Just an annoyance. 

• PAGES
RSS