Forums

Help › Forums

First Impressions

Thu, Oct 10 2019 12:08 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 11:16 AM

I expected it to just be the mobile app in its own emulator. Yep.

Downloaded and installed with no problems.
    Muddled through and finally found how to just play a normal ranked round. Not very intuitive setup. 
    If tourneys are available I couldn't find them. 
    Played StA front. Medium wind, chump greens.
    Aiming on the tee is a mess. Would really like to have the current PC capability of using the inset hole map for aiming shots. 
    Lose the "Excellent" graphic on dinged shots. Just 'cuz it dinged doesn't make it even a good shot. 
    I kind of like the green view option. I haven't used it enough to evaluate its accuracy. 
    Putting seems a bit wonky, but since I don't have post-its calibrated for the different sized screen, could just be me. 
    Heh. Well I still lipout in this version as much as the other. 
    Good to note that draw/fade on the tee is still an option. 
    For grins tried Free Credits. Nope. Just opens the useless PC browser page. Will have to keep Stax/Nox if that's the case. 
    Pro Shop doesn't have the green coin rentals, not that I much care. 

Anyway, that's my early take. I don't much like it, but could get used to it if I must. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 11:25 AM

JimbeauC:
    If tourneys are available I couldn't find them

The middle tab under Multiplayer after you click Game Modes. Same weekly/monthly lineup as on PC.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 11:44 AM

JimbeauC:
    Aiming on the tee is a mess. Would really like to have the current PC capability of using the inset hole map for aiming shots. 

I totally agree, aiming is awful in this.

I deal with a lot of beta programs. This is a good start, there will be issues and thats to be expected.

Good Start WGT

Don

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 1:16 PM

DonCaron:
    I totally agree, aiming is awful in this.

That AND you don't see pitches and chips after you hit them. Even if you leave the reverse view on while you shoot it defaults to the front view where the avatar blocks the scene. 

And one of these rounds I'll stop trying to move the aimer in the inset map.  LOL

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 2:02 PM

YankeeJim:

JimbeauC:
    If tourneys are available I couldn't find them

The middle tab under Multiplayer after you click Game Modes. Same weekly/monthly lineup as on PC.

It doesn't make sense to list tournaments under multiplayer when you have to play them solo.

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 2:12 PM

My Take on playing it for 2, days now,   Prefer it to the old Flash game  new version runs much smoother

Good job W,G,T

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 2:41 PM

borntobesting:
    It doesn't make sense to list tournaments under multiplayer when you have to play them solo.

Which is why it took me a minute to figure it out. It was like a Saturday clue in the NY Times crossword. Multiplayer as we know it means multiple players playing the same round. It can also mean multiple players are playing/entered in the tournament.  LOL  ;-)

• DarkenRahl
    2,115 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 4:06 PM

YankeeJim:

And one of these rounds I'll stop trying to move the aimer in the inset map.  LOL

Ditto on that one,  driving me crazy trying to get aim points right on tee shots.  I haven't missed this many fairways since the old level 80 R9 driver was in the bag.   To be fair, part of that is probably because  I am clicking way early in this version, whereas I am used to being a hair late most of the time.  

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 5:38 PM

DarkenRahl:

YankeeJim:

Ditto on that one,  driving me crazy trying to get aim points right on tee shots.  I haven't missed this many fairways since the old level 80 R9 driver was in the bag.   To be fair, part of that is probably because  I am clicking way early in this version, whereas I am used to being a hair late most of the time.  

Me Three

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 12:51 PM

DarkenRahl:
    I am clicking way early in this version, whereas I am used to being a hair late most of the time.

Ditto. Didn't mention it in the original, 'cuz I figured it was just me. 

• PAGES
RSS