Forums

Help › Forums

Getting Started and Known Issues

Tue, Nov 10 2020 11:17 PM (104 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2019 1:49 PM

andwhy67:
    But........are the majority of veteran PC players going/willing to want to upgrade apparel?

I thought that only applied in those coin game rooms. None of it is usuable in tournament play in which case it shouldn't matter.

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2019 5:27 PM

YankeeJim:
    I thought that only applied in those coin game rooms. None of it is usuable in tournament play in which case it shouldn't matter.

A friend who is high on experience in the mobile game says they do work on clash games, which are ranked games. Does not matter much, just saying.

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2019 5:34 PM

andwhy67:

OK, tell me how many old school PC players are going to want to use coins to upgrade apparel, feck me they’ll be leaving in droves!

Besides, this is supposed to be a replacement for the flash version, not the mobile version.

Absolutely + 1000

Played my first game 5 years ago today.

In 3 days I will hit 5 years (1825 days) of CDP.

Thousands of games played. Not a single one on mobile, and this is the WGT solution to Flash? Shoving mobile up our a$$ ? Thanks guys, appreciate you rewarding our loyalty and dedication here to your game.

Have made, and more importantly, kept, some great friends along the way and play with them on a daily basis while enjoying good conversations and such.

A turkey hat? Are we all 12 year olds now playing this game?

Put on the magic underpants to get a few more yards on your 3-wood. No thanks, bit of tweak on the backspin will do just fine.

And btw, every day looks like Halloween on mobile with a bunch of street thug ghoulish looking pimps and hookers for avatars.

Will it be long before we we are actually trying to make a putt through the clowns mouth?

I have absolutely no desire to play the mobile version of this game or anything resembling it.

It's been an awesome 5 years here, but I don't think I'll see all of a 6th year. My wife will be thrilled but I'll be pretty bummed.

• nerve60
    285 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2019 8:30 PM

The new roll-out PC app, which is cross-platform with Mobile is really not that bad. Been a pc player my whole time here, since 2012 I believe. Is it different? Not really, maybe on the greens a bit and the graphics but you gotta realize, they are still in somewhat of a "Beta" ever changing version atm. Yes, you can upgrade for different strength's in the game but that will only apply to fun games and "maybe" clash's. ALL Tournament you will have no abilities. Downloaded the App and it is growing on me. I consider myself a pretty decent putter on PC but on the App, I cant hit a 6 footer. Hard to read but I'm hoping they get all the kinks out of it.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2019 10:00 PM

YankeeJim:

andwhy67:
    But........are the majority of veteran PC players going/willing to want to upgrade apparel?

Well I’ve been strutting around in Swing Edge gear, and I don’t play in anything mobile, ie coin games, and yet my Titleist Driver With yardage of 291 is going now 296, even on some solo Ranked rounds, and my 3 wood is now saying 254 yds.

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Thu, Oct 31 2019 4:38 AM

andwhy67:

Well I’ve been strutting around in Swing Edge gear, and I don’t play in anything mobile, ie coin games, and yet my Titleist Driver With yardage of 291 is going now 296, even on some solo Ranked rounds, and my 3 wood is now saying 254 yds.

Anywhere in the game where credits are mentioned, even if its free entry your apparel doesn't have any effect. You are playing with apparel only when u hit big "play now" button.

Clashes I havent tried, and other ranked games doesnt exists yet in new version

EDIT : My mistake, there is a single player ranked option..Didnt go there until now. And indeed you can play your ranked round with benefits from apparel. That is not good. Erases all meaning of tees and tiers

But, from other point of view, that is just way to improve your scores for free. Earlier in wgt, only player who invested money in gear and good balls could make low enough scores and advance through tiers. Now they offered free help through that apparel. That makes people with good equipment even better, but also makes more sense for those who are really playing for free. They have chance to advance. Not only being stuck on one tier with same avg until they buy something... And its only avg play..can't hurt anyone

Nik

• wayah1
    27 Posts
    Thu, Oct 31 2019 6:38 AM

I have to sadly say I somewhat agree, I downloaded and tried the new version and immediately went back to the other. I then decided to have another try but could not get the game to load.I will maybe try again in the future to download and play but I have my doubts about the new version being a good replacement for the original.

• markj325
    1 Posts
    Thu, Oct 31 2019 1:10 PM

I installed the desktop version and everything seemed to go well. However, when I play there's a line across the screen that scrolls from bottom to top like watching an old tv. I'll have to stick with the flash version for now.

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Thu, Oct 31 2019 5:28 PM

Tried playing Bandon full 18 high winds with new version.

There is no translucent avatar when on the tee, so that way of aiming is out, because you cant see anything from avatars head. Most holes are below, so nothing cant be seen. Tried to aim with mini map, but it is so mini, and aimer cant be moved on it. Anything I made to land anywhere near hole was barely missed putt.

Dots on green are showing very little and moving in some weird way. On small breaks they seem very static. For every shot I had to click 10 times, listening that click sound in headphones.... Overall, not very nice experience :)

Nik

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Fri, Nov 1 2019 5:31 AM

Yankee Jim,

Yes I saw the new "Bridgestone" balls but I only had enough credits to buy one sleeve of the level 52 balls and they are awesome.  Only problem is WGT does not offer enough videos to watch for credits anymore so I have to resort to using the free ROCK way too often and the speed of the free ball is way too fast no matter the format of game.  

I have an injury that prevents me from working so I don't have any real money to put toward balls or clubs so I have to watch videos for credits but just not enough to go around anymore.

Thanks,

Michael

RSS