Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 3:47 AM

@isalman

When I said "It's time to stop the stupid childish superiority complex", I meant it for both sides, especially those who believe the "adversary" platform plays easier.

I agree with you that the current PC version has way more features, options and functions. I believe the mobile and new platform should also have all of them ultimately.

I would, however, rather say the original PC version is more complete and better in that regard, but certainly not "superior".

Besides, it's the company that made the difference between the two platforms, not you, not me, not the mobile players nor the PC ones so please stop focusing on the wrong thing. Remember! What we, you and I want is the new platform would be as "complete" as the old one some day and that's what we, the mobile players have wished for years now. We're all on the same boat, gotta row towards the same direction. Hope you don't forget that.

Last but not the least, I'm sure WGT is asking for our feedbacks and checking PC players' reactions as you describe it because they want to make the game better, not because they want to impose the "half-baked thing" on you. If they were, they would've done it with a "take it or leave" attitude and simply lauched a new one without even bothering to ask what you think of it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 5:28 AM

craigroger:

i see putter pal and shot pal turned on in options but does not appear on screen 

For some reason they don't but if you equip them in the PC version they'll show up in the new version.  :-)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 6:55 AM

I got this percentage scale from Kat's Calculator. Link: Kats Calculator

Here is a Club Distance Chart with the PCT. Just convert it to your spreadsheet Program

Club Distances

I converted it to EXEL and put it on my One Drive. Here is a link and just adjust:  

Excel Worksheet

• craigroger
    31 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 8:02 AM

i have a Dell lab top.When i change resolution to the largest or full screen mode my power meter disappears. The other choices of resolutions seem to small for me to play on.They need to have more choices for screen sizes

• MILFHolegersson
    6 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 11:19 AM

The error occurs during installation. Our administrator will also display this error message at startup.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 12:49 PM

pmm711:

ujjbnjk:
    AgentBrown123:

I have some concerns I hope you guys at wgt will address.

I'm really hoping wgt will put in the effort to get this new downloadable version  to look, feel, and  play as close as possible to the flash version. What made this game great is the subtleties in different courses and the greens in the flash game. I really hope that it's not just a new version/ variation of the mobile game but a copy of original flash game as much as is possible.

If the game moves too far from the flash version I fear you are going to lose many of the veterans in the game. And the veterans keep the lower levels players motivated to get to that top tier in the game. I think it's very important to the longevity of the pc version. I wish wgt would have done a closed beta and taken the input of the veterans and top players of the game before releasing the first version. But we can still make this a very good platform replacement if wgt will hear us out on this.

I'll preface by saying you're likely aware of many of these points. I know it's just a port of the mobile game at this moment. Here are  some things I've noticed so far after playing this new standalone game:

1. The grids on greens don't look anything close to flash version and clicking on the grids do different things.

2. The dots on putting greens generally move much slower on bigger breaking putts than the flash version and at many times are just inaccuratee. This is my biggest worry is that this standalone pc version will never be similar or the same to the flash version.

3. Being able to have a minimized (full) screen, so you can easily access calculator for putts etc.

4. Ability to click on flag in map in upper right hand of game in flash to adjust aim. There were specific movements each pixel you moved mouse that would result in a consistent 2-5 ish yards depending how far away from pin your were. This is very useful for us players that don't want to use aids such a ruler to get accurate wind setting

5. It seems everything is way too zoomed in compared the flash version.

6. The way to click on camera angles is different than flash version and it has different views.

7. Golfer avatar is way too big and cartoony looking, please keep the cartoon look for mobile. It makes the game look fake and cheap. Would much prefer the look of the player avatar in flash version.

8. Keep the avatar movements you get in flash version when decreasing the power. I'm one of the players that soley uses this method for wedges and iron shots and don't go by percentages from shot pal.

9. The ball is way too big in the air.

10. Allow the mouse wheel to scroll through putter increments and club selections.

11. Reverse chip view for reading greens is my go to in flash version. It's totally broken in pc version the dots barely even move.

12. Copy the look of the flash version as far as all the hud placements of the wind gauge, meter, club selection and graphics.

Other feedback:

1. Please add in higher resolutions for 2k and 4k monitors.

2. I'm having various issues with my stream feed where it's not showing full screen but a portion of screen, only happens with wgt pc version.

3. Make the heart beat occur only when approach shot stays 2 yards or closer to hole.

I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting, I'll update here if I think of anything more.

Although these may seem like small things to you all at wgt. I think it's important to keep the these small details in the pc version. The putting being the most important by far. I streamed my experience on twitch which can be found at:

http://www.twitch.tv/agentbrown123/v/489310585?sr=a&t=3s

There are two videos one over an hour and one at around 30 minutes. I hope you'll take a look.

Thanks for including the community in this Wgt. And thanks for all you do Icon and wgtchampion. Hoping the pc version carries the torch and keeps the tradition alive of the flash version well into the future.

Cheers,

AgentBrown123 aka Jon

+1!

Jon,

+1 Great observations/suggestions...but Champion asked for them to be posted on another thread with a similar name.  This one..

Please leave all feedback in the WGT Early Access Forum. THANKS!

_CHAMPION

I'll put them there for you.

Paul

Champion,

Above were comments about the new PC version from AgentBrown123 (Jon) which he put in another post.  These are spot on.

After a few days of playing I agree with most of what has already been noted and I'm sure you've already taken those observations back to the development staff as a lot of it has been repeated as it's of true concern to the PC playing population.

I want to stress the following as it affects the ability to play fast...yes, some of us don't like 90secs/shot games;

• The ability to move the aimer on the small map has to be included in the final version
    • Club selection and shot type need to be more streamlined as this process takes entirely too long in the early access version.  The PC Flash version allowed this to be done in a few seconds.
    • Shrink/shorten the meter and enhance the ding/flop lines.

I'm actually shocked there aren't more suggestions at this point.  Says to me people are liking what they're seeing atm.  You guys just have to tweak it over the next 14 1/2 months.  Few naysayers is a great thing, eh?

Thanks for all you guys are doing at HQs and for having an open ear.

Paul

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 1:59 PM

From elsewhere:

WGTChampion:

Thanks for checking it out and let us know how we can make it great. 

_CHAMPION 

This is a mare....

Can you have the grid stay 'full-sized' just as it does now on the flash-based PC version we've played for years and years?  Go on, go on, go on, go on...

*Fingers crossed*

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 2:38 PM

isalman:

There is no superiority complex on pc gamers side,it is a fact that pc version is superior to wgt mobile which at best is a lite version of wgt pc

Well put, the app version is the reason you see names on the leader boards of big tournaments you have never heard of...of course if that is all you ever played you wouldn't realize how much easier it is....I don't blame them for playing it, a smart move in my opinion, especially if you can't get the hang of the PC version.

I am wondering about this, when you sell a company, there is commonly used agreement that the personal who run the company being sold, will stay with said company for a certain amount of time until the new companies people can run the company efficiently....this is good and helps the buyer, and the staffers involved don't have to make any hasty decisions...

Is it possible that several of the old WGT staff are finishing up commitments made to Topgolf before leaving? Or is it a "flash" thing, which will still be around after 2020....

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 2:47 PM

I'm fully agree with people who try to not enter in a fight of which (PC or Mobile) platform are better...

Each one knows through which one have a better feel

And i must say, after have played this game for almost 7 years, i know in the moment about the end of flash ,... they go need move to other ''engine''...well...year 2020, i mean the base is great (the fhotography & topography), but...after so many years the game should be make a big step, not a downgrade..

And just in therms of functions, not mention about gameplay...

My wishes are long life to this game & community, but if im not enjoy the new app..the game becomes irrelevant

• WalterHagenJnr
    433 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 2:56 PM

Tried my first 'Early Access' at Pebble Beach during Clash round:
    6 over - 1 bird, 5 bogies & 1 d/bogie.

I would normally expect to shoot 4-5 under; nuff said.

Lots of problems with setup: manually selecting clubs, spin and green ranges.
    This led to a few mistakes, but mainly annoying.
    I read that setup times are 45 sec in multi-player rounds; counts me out, I reckon I was taking 5+min per shot!

The killer is putting; green read is completely alien.
    However the main problem for me was offset putting didn't work.
    I normally assess the break then offset my aim right or left.
    I never try to 'ding' because of danger of getting the opposite break.

Long way from being able to play with my 'mobile' clubmates.
    Part of the skill needed in the upper tiers is accuracy; that doesn't seem possible at the moment.

Walt H.

RSS