Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 1:02 PM

kinkyafrosixty:

It's in the same place it worked with this afternoon

They're talking about the actual .exe file that starts the game, not the link on the desktop. It sounds like yours got moved for some odd reason. Search for golf.exe and see what you come up with.

• MILFHolegersson
    6 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 1:05 PM

Hi!

Install error message:

" An error occuredwhile applying security settings. Users is not valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click Retry, or Cancel to end the install."

What do I do exactly?

Thank You!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 5:34 PM

MILFHolegersson:

Hi!

Install error message:

" An error occuredwhile applying security settings. Users is not valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click Retry, or Cancel to end the install."

What do I do exactly?

Thank You!

Try and uninstall it and re-install it as an administrator. Right click on the install in your downloads and run as an administrator.

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 7:24 PM
    goldeena:

1. They need to respect the fact that PC Users want a pro Golf Game and not some mobile spin-off trash.

'aaahhhhhhh' (sighing)
  • pcastleberg
    1,429 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 8:41 PM

I find the distain pretty hilarious.  Keep in mind there is a large contingent of Mobile players who love the game as well and are used to it the way they play it/have it.  If you change everything to exactly how the PC players have it and "take away" what the mobile players have, apparel for instance.  There are tons of mobile players who like their PC counterparts have spent to get the apparel and looks that they want for their "avatar".  

Is it any fairer to take that away from all them than it is that the Flash version is being "taken" from you?  

Both versions are quality games with different features.  I for one love turf wars and coin games, actually even better than I like clashes.  And since I play those a lot I like the apparel bonus's I get when doing so. 

But I also really like the PC version and the more traditional classy feel it has.  Personally I think the beloved flash version graphics, especially the avatars look dated and somewhat blah, they certainly are no more realistic than the mobile avatars.  Just a more "classic" stodgy version.  

The ideal solution is that all the great features of the Flash version get brought to the mobile platform and we can all be happy and keep doing what we love, and we can all do it on the same platform.  

It remains to be seen if WGT can execute on that ask....I'm hoping they can. 

• craigroger
    31 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 9:11 PM

i see putter pal and shot pal turned on in options but does not appear on screen 

• pcastleberg
    1,429 Posts
    Wed, Oct 2 2019 9:31 PM

Again, the distain is pretty hilarions, I play on both and I like both and there is no reason they can't be part of the same game/platform.  

This expectation that nothing, not even something like your player avatar (which has zero impact on the overall performance of the game) is not going to change at all is just funny, games change and update all the time for better graphics etc....WGT actually is probably long overdue for both platforms in terms of updating some of the graphics things.  

But the "us" vs. "them" superiority attitude is dumb.  We all want the game to be good and together we have a much louder voice with more impact.  So rather than acting like mobile players are somehow beneath PC players why not respect the fact that we are all humans playing a game and work together to influence WGT to make the game the best it can be.  

As a country club director who's heavily involved in running a club, it would be much simpler and more fun if there were no cross platform issues and if the best features of both platforms could be combined to make one awesome game that is playable by all without cross platform issues. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 1:33 AM

pcastleberg:

Again, the distain is pretty hilarions, I play on both and I like both and there is no reason they can't be part of the same game/platform.  

This expectation that nothing, not even something like your player avatar (which has zero impact on the overall performance of the game) is not going to change at all is just funny, games change and update all the time for better graphics etc....WGT actually is probably long overdue for both platforms in terms of updating some of the graphics things.  

But the "us" vs. "them" superiority attitude is dumb.  We all want the game to be good and together we have a much louder voice with more impact.  So rather than acting like mobile players are somehow beneath PC players why not respect the fact that we are all humans playing a game and work together to influence WGT to make the game the best it can be.  

As a country club director who's heavily involved in running a club, it would be much simpler and more fun if there were no cross platform issues and if the best features of both platforms could be combined to make one awesome game that is playable by all without cross platform issues. 

Very very well said. Can't possibly agree more!

I still remember even the mobile version looked pretty 'serious' and 'professional' when it first came out and that's the way I like it personally, too. I'm sure many mobile players including myself got disappointed when the company, especially after being merged by TopGolf, decided and started to turn the app version more into cartoonish arcade type sometime back in 2016.

Not sure but I believe the reason behind such a decision was to target and attract younger folks, rashly presuming that young people would always prefer 'light' & 'casual' stuff which is not true at all. Marketing people often make this kind mistakes. They categorize and generalize too much (and wrongly) while having blind faith in statistics.

Probably their marketing tools and stats indicate them that most mobile users, regardless of age and gender, prefer a casual game they can play short on the fly "en déplacement". Now the thing is WGT was not born to be and cannot be a casual arcade game to start with. Despite of it, mobile users WILL keep on playing if the game itself is really well made (which is the case of this wonderful game) AND even if it isn't what they were initially looking for. Trust me, I know because that's how I ended up with it. The mobile new WGT, therefore, doesn't have to look like some sort of casual arcade stuff as it is currently.

As pcastleberg mentioned, now it is pointless to divide PC and mobile, and it's time to stop the stupid childish superiority complex. The game will be evolving as it has so far and the best we can do is to provide our thoughts, suggestions, feedbacks and opinions to the company so that the game will hopefully become more like or lean towards something the majority of us want it to be.

Play well and above all, enjoy, everyone!

• isalman
    15 Posts
    Thu, Oct 3 2019 3:14 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    As pcastleberg mentioned, now it is pointless to divide PC and mobile, and it's time to stop the stupid childish superiority complex

There is no superiority complex on pc gamers side,it is a fact that pc version is superior to wgt mobile which at best is a lite version of wgt pc.

There is no alt shot,no match play on wgt mobile.Fact of the matter is majority of pc players play alt shot.Then theres is issue of mechanism of finding compatible skill opponent.pc version has a well thought system for finding opponents.wgt mobile has none.2 days back i tried the new pc installer.Entered some room and wgt randomly assigned me a 101 avg pro.

Main point is that wgt asks for comments from pc users.Mobile users already have their app.Why they want to make pc version same as mobile is beyond me.

All you guys are doing is enabling wgt people.They are just checking reaction of pc players.If there is enough acceptance,they will impose this half baked installer on them.Easier than putting time and effort developing a full featured game.

RSS