Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 9:23 AM

fireman33:

Played a couple rounds but use pratrice mode. Are u stuck with 7.9 greens or is there a way to change the speed in pratrice mode..

How can you pick a coarse or just stuck with what they give you?

New to me did not read the directions just went and played 

Yeah, in practice mode the squares displaying wind / greens / pins etc are toggles. Click the green speed one to change it. 

_CHAMPION 

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 9:24 AM

Young46:

My thoughts on it. Something not listed in the video ... the meter speed is the same regardless of the irons, I tried it with my irons and starter clubs and both moved at the same speed.

I saw this yesterday but didn't have a chance to go back and look. Aren't your irons listed at 4.4 and 4.5? They should be pretty close in meter speed if that's the case. 

_CHAMPION 

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 9:43 AM

I played a CC tourney round @ Congressional. some are saying that the meter though smooth seamed to be faster. If anything I found it to be slightly slower.

I shot a 34 in that round and 20 of the shots were early, some quite early,

One thing I found quite by accident that a lot of players will like. The shot data box is moveable. Just click on it and drag it where ever you want it.

The one thing i don't particuarlly like is the text on putts when you hit the ding. It is so big that it completely covers the hole and you can't see the ball go in the hole or if you miss the putt you can't see why it missed.

Another problem is the screen size. It was quite small. There might be a way to make it bigger that I just didn't see. 

Ok i found the way to enlarge the screen Changing the resolution in video in settings. But doing this caused a problem. The highest resolution with full screen enabled (1920X1080) made the meter quite a bit faster. That coupled with the extremely small ding bar makes it very difficult to hit the ding. The ding bar needs to be bigger. Many of us made the ding bar bigger on the flash version by choosing the low setting on flash quality. 

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 9:52 AM

My early thoughts are these:

- You have these beautiful HD pictures of the courses, then spoil them by plonking a cartoonish looking avatar and fake looking flagsticks in the middle of them. The avatars and flagsticks which are small enough to look OK on phone/tablet screens are poorly resolved when magnified up onto a PC monitor.

- The avatars in the old version are not perfect, and detract somewhat from the realistic pictures, but they are at least of human proportions and have a nice enough swing: 10x better than these mobile avatars. The mobile/new avatars have poor posture and are standing too close to the ball with weight on the heels for all shots except the driver. As a result, the clubs are being held too vertically with toe down and heel up in the air. There must be a way to get mechanically sound, motion-captured swings into the game to catch that aspect up with the course photos. If not, then at least translate the old avatar programming over to the new version.

- The putting dots are far too slow. For a putt with up to 2s roll time, a dot moving from your aim point to the hole should take the same time as the putt rolling from strike to hole. In this way, shorter putts are intuitive in the old version. The dots at this speed therefore give a realistic feel to the slopes on the green, which is missing in the mobile/new version.

- The wind arrow needs to be a bit bigger. It is so small, even on a PC monitor, that it's hard to judge by eye exactly what direction it is in.

• Young46
    1,292 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 10:14 AM

WGTChampion:

Young46:

My thoughts on it. Something not listed in the video ... the meter speed is the same regardless of the irons, I tried it with my irons and starter clubs and both moved at the same speed.

I saw this yesterday but didn't have a chance to go back and look. Aren't your irons listed at 4.4 and 4.5? They should be pretty close in meter speed if that's the case. 

_CHAMPION 

I used the lvl 97 irons then equipped the starter club irons and both were the same speed

• Ezzy123450
    209 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 10:39 AM

Normal 0 false false false EN-US ZH-CN HE

Hello WGT Champion,

Here is my first impression of the new Beta PC Version

I am using a PC with a 1080 8GB graphics card running the 1920x1080 fullscreen mode.  I7 4850 CPU with 32GB RAM (I play steam games like PUBG very well with this system)

Overall: 

I have been playing WGT since 2015 (6 months Mobile, then PC since).  I am unsure why you (WGT) decided to use the Mobile version when creating a new PC version of the game.  Essentially the Mobile version was a reduced copy of the fully functional PC game … and when deciding to create a NEW PC game … you did not use the existing PC game as your template.  Also, Most game makers today use expert players during early development when creating a game for understanding of necessary features and functionality … a shame you (WGT) did not reach out to the top 20-50 players … even with a questioner to find out what they were looking for.  I think you could have easily come out with a much more favorable reception by the top players since many people look to them for feedback.

Pros: 

I love the putting distances being more accurate … I hope the large up/down hill putts do NOT use feet, but stay in inches. 

The Green view is nice … but not sure yet if it will translate into a helpful feature.

Cons:

·        Wind direction is too small to be useful.

·        Wind distances, is the aim box still 10mph?  is the Pitch grid still the same width?

·        Putting dots are NOT the same speed as the current flash version and are too slow by far … why would you change this at all?

Unlike some people here, I do not care what the avatar looks like, and I can adjust in time to all the other changes from the Flash version … unfortunately.

Final thoughts:

If you are trying to attract the mobile version people to the PC.  this is a good way to do it.  However, You have taken a large step backwards regarding the PC (Flash) players.  you are asking them to completely relearn a new game, and are likely going to lose many of the older croud in the process.  If you bring back some of the features that the flash game has (Putting dots, etc.) then maybe the loss of players will be minimized.

Good luck,

Ezzy

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 11:50 AM

Young46:

I used the lvl 97 irons then equipped the starter club irons and both were the same speed

L97 irons = meter speed 4.4, starter irons = meter speed 4.5, so they should be pretty much the same speed.

• Jaybirrddd
    3 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 12:16 PM

@Young46 Are you familiar with the apparel abilities? I have been a long time mobile player, and just recently playing on PC after watching some of your YT videos! As far as I have seen, I never really saw any apparel abilities in the flash PC version. But as for mobile they are a must have, and this new PC download version is exactly like mobile. For example, I have the MAX glove leveled up to level 5 and that gives me +38 Slow Iron Meter Speed, and +35 3 Wood Sweet Spot. Additionally I have a level 6 Topgolf Shirt Equipped which gives me +43 Iron Distance. When it comes to the mobile game this makes a huge difference in game play and looks to be exactly the same in the new PC download.

• Young46
    1,292 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 12:41 PM

fmagnets:

Young46:

L97 irons = meter speed 4.4, starter irons = meter speed 4.5, so they should be pretty much the same speed.

In that case the meter seems a bit too quick. The ding bar is too small and the forgiveness is extremely high. It would be better IMO if the meter were a bit slower and the ding line was 3-4x larger with less forgiveness on mis-hits. I also echo Mags assessment that the avatars are a bit too cartoonish looking for my taste.

The FOV seems to be really close, it would be nice if the player wasn't right in your face on each shot. All the items need be enlarged (wind, score, ball spin, club selection). The ding bar seems to be really wide, much wider than mobile and current version. The graphics look good, but up close the fine details seem a bit grainy to me.

-Jason

• Young46
    1,292 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 12:42 PM

Jaybirrddd:

@Young46 Are you familiar with the apparel abilities? I have been a long time mobile player, and just recently playing on PC after watching some of your YT videos! As far as I have seen, I never really saw any apparel abilities in the flash PC version. But as for mobile they are a must have, and this new PC download version is exactly like mobile. For example, I have the MAX glove leveled up to level 5 and that gives me +38 Slow Iron Meter Speed, and +35 3 Wood Sweet Spot. Additionally I have a level 6 Topgolf Shirt Equipped which gives me +43 Iron Distance. When it comes to the mobile game this makes a huge difference in game play and looks to be exactly the same in the new PC download.

My mobile knowledge isn't great, but I believe you can only use those abilities in coin room games and not in tournament events.

RSS