Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • craigswan
    30,950 Posts
    Mon, Feb 14 2022 10:07 AM
    Went to topgolf today in miami for first time . Introduced myself as a wgt player . Hey they said - do you know the famous henry kawa . That guy is cool .
  • birdiesfly1
    28 Posts
    Mon, Feb 14 2022 10:13 AM

ScottHope:

Hi Bret, thank you for the compliments. I wouldn't say I was gifted but we pick up bits of information here and there don't we, which come in handy sometimes.

When you say you have switched everything around, do you mean you have swapped monitors so the the smaller monitor is now your primary monitor and the larger one the secondary, or have you just dragged the various windows onto the other screens?

Just used the drag method.  The larger screen is still the primary.

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Mon, Feb 14 2022 10:19 AM

I don't think I can get the game to stop collapsing to the taskbar when you click on another application, but as it appears to stop doing that when you drag it to the secondary monitor, I will see if it is possible to get the game to default to the secondary monitor, then hopefully it won't collapse on losing focus, when it is dragged onto your primary monitor.

Did that make sense?

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Mon, Feb 14 2022 10:36 AM

Okay, just did some Googling...

...if you have the game running on your secondary monitor and close it down on that monitor, when you open the game again, does it open on the primary or secondary monitor?

• birdiesfly1
    28 Posts
    Mon, Feb 14 2022 12:13 PM

ScottHope:

Okay, just did some Googling...

...if you have the game running on your secondary monitor and close it down on that monitor, when you open the game again, does it open on the primary or secondary monitor?

It opens to the monitor I previously dragged it to.  What I just discovered is that this happens on both monitors when have the setting at FULL.  When I change it to WINDOWS, everything works on both monitors.  So it looks like it has something to do with the FULL setting?

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Mon, Feb 14 2022 12:56 PM

Yes, I have always thought that the in-game fullscreen setting is a bit aggressive with regards to using other applications at the same time. But as I said previously, I don't think there's anything I can do about that.

Can I ask why you prefer to use the ingame fullscreen setting as opposed to the window setting?

• birdiesfly1
    28 Posts
    Mon, Feb 14 2022 8:39 PM

ScottHope:

Yes, I have always thought that the in-game fullscreen setting is a bit aggressive with regards to using other applications at the same time. But as I said previously, I don't think there's anything I can do about that.

Can I ask why you prefer to use the ingame fullscreen setting as opposed to the window setting?

Basically the view size.  I could never get the window setting to expand to full screen.  I have read some of your posts about unity game resolution - would that help?  Is there an alternative in the window setting that would give me a full screen and eliminae this issue?  I appreciate your time brother!

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2022 12:44 AM

craigswan:
    Went to topgolf today in miami for first time . Introduced myself as a wgt player . Hey they said - do you know the famous henry kawa . That guy is cool .

LOL.  I know them all over there.  Many good friends at Topgolf.   Who were you talking to?  

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2022 12:56 AM

birdiesfly1:
    Basically the view size.  I could never get the window setting to expand to full screen.  I have read some of your posts about unity game resolution - would that help?  Is there an alternative in the window setting that would give me a full screen and eliminae this issue?  I appreciate your time brother!

There are a few ways to get the game into a maximized window, which is very similar to fullscreen.

Probably the easiest way is to use the task manager. Have a look at my post HERE from two years ago.

It does not matter what resolution setting you have in the game, but the display mode needs to be WINDOW and not FULLSCREEN.

To get the game window back to its normal size after maximizing it through the task manager, just click on the game window title bar and drag it down from the top of the screen.

Any problems, just ask.

Thank you.  ; )

RSS