Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2020 2:03 AM

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2020 6:52 AM

BethBirdie:
    It is clear that the new version is far inferior to the Flash version we have subscribed to and paid good money for

Well, there's the problem. You should have used bad money to pay. Then there wouldn't be as much of an issue.

BethBirdie:
    Could I also ask what measures you will put in place to reimburse my costs of clubs and clothing, invested in what I was led to believe to be a golf game attaining a good quality standard?

And here's where the logic fails.

What you purchased (clubs and balls) performed exactly as promised. They must have because you kept making purchases. Additionally, some of the products were consumables. In other words, you purchased the products (for example, sleeves of balls) and consumed them. There's nothing to be reimbursed for.

You made a fully-informed buying decision. When you purchased the products, you knew what the game was like at the point of purchase. All the information was available to you. Yet, you made the purchase. There's no basis for a reimbursement. 

And, as an aside, they were purchases not investments. 

• CFoley6
    19 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2020 11:29 AM

We did not chose to get fucked over!

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2020 12:13 PM

CFoley6:

We did not chose to get fucked over!

Well, I don't know that anyone actually ever chooses that. But I could be wrong.

Nevertheless, what's happened with the game does not fall into the category of getting f-d over. Simply stating it to be so doesn't make it so.

Besides, I thought Canadians are more laid back than this. I think you're looking at a long winter. 

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2020 2:02 PM

"Besides, I thought Canadians are more laid back than this. I think you're looking at a long winter. "

Canucks ARE more laid back than this guy...most also spell better.  As far as winter, they are always long here...lol

ct

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2020 6:56 PM

😀

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Oct 8 2020 11:30 PM

ct690911:
    As far as winter, they are always long here...lol

Not on my side of the country.Winking Smiley icon

That said, two weeks of winter would be thirteen and a half days too long.

Nigel.

• madmanmax17
    5 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 12:58 PM

I am having SERIOUS ISSUES with the new desktop format.  First and foremost is the lack of ability to play a simple, single stroke play match.  ALL options, other than tournaments, are listed as multiplayer.  ???

Second is the fact that this has apparently now become a cash generating endeavor.  

Bad enough that I pay hard $$$ for "virtual" balls, clubs, etc at a higher rate than i do for REAL equipment.  But now to even get into the game, I have to log in via some sort of "room", basically with green fees JUST to get in.

And lastly, and most importantly....

The pop up window for the game is a larger resolution than my monitor!  I can't change clubs, shots, etc...they are all below the task bar!  I have searched Windows help, can't find a way to change the resolution of the pop up window.  When I went to display settings and changed it to a lower setting, it changed alright....my background image.  But the pop up game window remained the same.

And before I get them, ....DON'T send snide remarks, etc. because you are a tech wiziard.  I am not.  I am asking for some real help here.  The idea of losing this game after 750 days straight is not only upsetting, but makes me very angry that WGT HASN'T SEEMED TO PUT IN THE REAL EFFORT THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE WHEN ALL OF THE OS'S AND BROWSERS ANOUNCED THEY WERE DUMPING ADOBE FLASH.  

Now, with 3 months to go, they seem to be scrambling....and its not looking good.

Anyone who could help, REALLY help with ideas on the three things I mentioned above, would be GREATLY appreciated.

madmanmax17

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2020 1:09 PM
  • STraub2
    111 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2020 1:30 AM

Friends,,,,,, It would be nice if we could see which of our friends are on and available like the flash version does

RSS