Fri, Nov 3 2023 2:41 PM (32 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Tue, Nov 2 2021 10:13 PM

PC, Mac, and Steam players are welcome too  ⛳

• Gohab2015
    5 Posts
    Wed, May 11 2022 10:31 AM

Hi, which app do i download? When I click on invite says url not available. I use ipad and safari

• WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Wed, May 11 2022 12:18 PM

you can download discord from the app store, you will need to create an account then once created you can join via the invite link provided

Gohab2015:

Hi, which app do i download? When I click on invite says url not available. I use ipad and safari

• Cicero733
    2,293 Posts
    Wed, May 11 2022 1:18 PM

What WHTNico just shared with you is correct, but it may require some tweaking. I found that once I had my account set up (iPad) I received the invalid message when I clicked on the provided link and it wouldn’t load. So I just entered the web address manually and it worked. There were a couple of other screens that errored out and I just went around them by doing everything step by step manually. Takes about 10 minutes tops. It’s fairly easy once you get through the invalid url message.

• 18randy18
    499 Posts
    Wed, May 11 2022 6:32 PM

Discord is confusing to me, I think I will stay with Skype and TeamSpeak with my CC. To many "APPS" out  there for me,,,,, lol

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, May 12 2022 7:02 AM

18randy18:

Discord is confusing to me, I think I will stay with Skype and TeamSpeak with my CC. To many "APPS" out  there for me,,,,, lol

Once you get used to it- it is a superior product IMO for gaming...

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, May 13 2022 8:53 PM

"Cannot load the news"

"No access to the link" (of the tournament)

I'm blocked from using the server from my PC and browser (Win10, FF) though access to another server works fine.

Any ideas?

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2022 5:36 AM

alosso:
    Any ideas?
    O my!

It's like landing on the dark side of the moon:

The landing area is #dyno-stats, all is grey, except "Cannot load the news" in red.

Nothing hints to "read-me" where you must activate your access - if you read till the end of the long T&C article and tick in agreement.

Next, you are supposed to enter "role-assign" but nobody tells you until, in "news", an admin chides you for not having been there - YOU'RE A NASTY BOY!

(edited:)

Eventually, I found the tournament despite the misleading clou "new tournament buzzword" between the app's Tournaments.

But, "community-help" will take some load of Q&A from the forum, splitting the community. Division instead of conjunction...

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2022 7:32 AM

alosso:
    It's like landing on the dark side of the moon:

ikr, seems like a ton of members are on discord now. I have use it and it is cool with some of the features but the chat rooms are nuts .. imo.  I have been sticking to my club's server which is quiet and has an awesome music bot.

FYI: Even saw HK had joined, so it appears Discord is the new thing!!

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2022 11:40 AM

OKAY, SO TO ALLEVIATE ANY CONFUSION

This thread is about, and is meant to advertise, the Discord server that AussieMick started back in 2019.  His server is now called WGT People's Server.  It was originally called "WGT Golf", but when WGT started their official Discord server earlier this week and called theirs "WGT Golf" as well, Mick changed the name of his server at their request.

If you wish to discuss or comment about the official WGT Golf server (run by WGT themselves), please go to this thread:

Discord! WGT now has an official Discord

RSS