Forums

Help › Forums

Deviations Presents - A Country Club Challenge

Wed, Oct 5 2011 3:57 PM (223 replies)
  • losersss
    138 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2011 10:19 AM

Lou - thanks for your time and effort in setting up this Invitational.  Looking forward to participating in what could be one of the best, if not the best, activity on WGT.

• Beryman
    9,085 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2011 3:02 PM

as captain of Electra, I would like to say how honored we are to be included in this comp with 7 illustrious clubs..... it is a great idea that can and should include all members of each club

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2011 4:07 PM

Great concept Lou and it is a privilege to play against every club listed. Thank you to everyone for participating with us!  :)

• Bootsnbra
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2011 6:00 PM

Thanks Deviations for putting this out in the forum. We are a smaller club and will be watching from the sidelines. The fun thing about you guys putting this out in the open is we are going to run our numbers internally inside our club to see how we did up against you guys. Just something fun for us as we build strength as players and as a club. So thanks again and good luck to all of the clubs !!

hugssssssssss,

~Bootsie ~

Ruff - N- Rowdy

• FarFoo
    2,917 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2011 7:14 PM

It's a great idea for a tourney Ivietri.

As YankeeJim pointed out in our forum, the 10th place score is going to be just as significant as the 1st, so everyone in the club can have a shot at making a difference.

Nice one

Foo

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sun, Aug 28 2011 6:49 AM

Just a reminder......for EVERYBODY.

• Daskino
    2,781 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2011 12:33 AM

I really forgot (sorry for my impoliteness). Good luck to all CC's. ;)

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Mon, Aug 29 2011 7:17 AM

Start your engines and  good luck to everyone.

Just to give you all something to shoot at ... some of our club did a pre-tourney round  in last weeks single 18 ... not everyone participated but ... we still put up some pretty decent scores.

I hope everyone in all of the clubs plays ... and remember ... the 10th score counts just as much as the first score ...

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2011 9:35 AM

Just an update for everyone participating in the tournament.

You may have seen that yesterday 8/30 - our club inducted 4 new members.  I wanted to inform all of you that our membership admittance process takes from 2 weeks to 2 months and we will continue to be very select on who we admit.

However I can see how it might look about bringing folks into the club the day after the tournament we are sponsoring has started.

In the spirit of fairness and sportsmanship - our club will not count the scores of these 2 of these players (Suncity28 and Win1Soon)  during in this tournament.    The other 2 (TheLighterDark and TarHeelsRule) ... will only count after week 4 has been completed ... since they were in the process of being inducted for 8 weeks and are anxious to be part of the club. 

We will not ask the other clubs participating to do this.  You can bring players on and start counting them any time you like.   This is something that as the host club we feel we should do.

Good luck to everyone.

• JCOlson
    1,118 Posts
    Wed, Aug 31 2011 12:59 PM

lvietri:

our membership admittance process takes from 2 weeks to 2 months and we will continue to be very select on who we admit.

Just out of curiosity, is there a hazing process involved? If yes, where do I sign up :).  btw, do you know if Jared or Clarence is organizing our scores for you? If not, I could prob manage.

RSS