Forums

Help › Forums

Deviations Presents - A Country Club Challenge

Wed, Oct 5 2011 3:57 PM (223 replies)
  • lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2011 12:49 PM

Photobucket

Last November when WGT introduced Alternate Shot - The Deviations Country Club - Home to  the last 4 major championship winners (AvatarLee, BolloxInBruges, Mrenn29 and StoneColdKiller) and many other great WGT players,  sponsored a 64 team alternate shot championship won by the team of Bartmania/Cyl6 from Transgressional CC who beat the Deviations team of Coolswing/Imcoola for the title.    It was an overwhelming success and all 128 players enjoyed playing with and against some of the games best.

Now --- Deviations CC would like to sponsor it's 2nd tournament.    The Deviations Invitational CC Challenge.

As the title suggests this is an Invitational Tournament.    The Deviations CC has invited 7 other country clubs to participate and all of the owners have accepted.    Here is how it is going to work.

1. For the next 8 weeks all of the members of the selected country clubs will play the WGT Weekly 18 hole single play tournament.  
    2. All members of the selected country clubs can play regardless of tier ...   When the tournament is over .. the club owner (or their designated captain) will send me a list of the 10 best players and their scores.   Only scores on the WGT leader board or in the players profiles will count.    (Owners will vouch the validity of all scores)
    3. The 10 scores will be added together for a total team score.  
    4. Points will be awarded based on the place each team finishes.  
    5. Weekly points will be added for a total score.

The participating teams will be:

1. The Deviations
    2. Transgressional CC
    3. The Elite CC
    4. Electra
    5. English Lakes CC
    6. Italian Golf and CC
    7. Carolina Sandhills
    8. YellowBrickRoad

The competition will begin on Monday August 29th .. and will run for 8 weeks.   You can follow the progress weekly by clicking on THIS LINK.

Good luck to the team owners, captains and everyone in the clubs who decide to play.   Remember this is open to everyone who is in one of the country clubs invited.

(My special thanks to Bootsnbra for designing the Challenge Logo shown above)

• gordonparker
    824 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2011 1:30 PM

ooh hello lou where u been mate, hiding in the woods after that 4-1 thumping? ahh im only kidding may the best team win and im gunna help the elite all the way!

gordon

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2011 5:57 AM

Great job as usual Lou. The Mayor of WGT! This looks like fun. Good luck to the 8 clubs. See you on the first mooks. F. Gazz

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2011 10:27 AM

Great idea lvietri, and it should be a lot of fun. I'm not the spokesperson for The Elite CC, but I can tell you there has been a very enthusiastic response in the Forum over there and a lot of us are eagerly waiting for the games to begin!

• briobrio
    2,428 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2011 11:40 AM

Thanks for the invite Lou, we are all looking forward to this comp over at Electra... woo hoo

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2011 1:45 PM

Thanks for the kind words everyone.   We are excited about it also.   Like your clubs we are always getting invites to play CC vs. CC matches to see who is better.

Truth is ... we don't really care who is better ... we want everyone to play.

When you do CC vs. CC the majority of the club never gets a chance to play --- most of the time the best players are selected.   This format gives everyone in the club a chance to play regardless of tier, level, or skill base.

Hope everyone agrees and has fun.

Lou

• Daskino
    2,781 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2011 2:37 AM

lvietri:
    Hope everyone agrees and has fun.

Sure, Lou. I consider the invite a great honour for us, and all CC mates are really proud to be part of it.

Easy format, real fun. The best options for a successful tourney.

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2011 3:55 AM

Thanks from the ELCC to Lou, we are looking forward to this one. Thanks for the time and effort and may the best team win.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2011 4:56 AM

From ALL the members of The Elite CC - Good Luck to every CC on the board. Time to have some fun.......Thanks again Lou.

• mreddy
    895 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2011 9:36 AM

I sincerly hope everyone plays there best , this is going to be fun , Good luck all !

From , The Carolina Sandhills         

RSS