SWING METER

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 28 2009 2:03 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jeff26
    97 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2009 6:19 AM

Elestee:
    I have had numerous occasions that the swing starts even though I still am holding the mouse button down, the swing starts by itself

If you are using a cordless mouse it may explain what you are seeing.  I know when I tried to use the cordless I had at home the 'wireless signal' would get momentarily interrupted as I held the button down adjusting for power, this would result in the game 'thinking' I let go of the button.  There are also issues with the response time when clicking on the perfect line, it can cause you to click quite late.  Try using a wired mouse instead.

As for swing meter stutters, here are some general things*** I do to get the game to run smooth on my bare minimum spec laptop...

1. Close out all visible programs.
    2. Run Gamebooster from IOBit.com (Advanced System Care)
    3. (optional step) use task manager to close out any programs that are safe to turn off, that GameBooster may have missed
    4. Let the system settle for a bit then clear the Ram using SmartRAM (IOBit.com again)
    5. Launch Safari (or other web browser that is NOT the one you use to surf the web normally!!! <-- can't stress this one enough!!)
    6. Launch the gameclient window (may be done with a direct link found elsewhere in the forums) 
    7. Close the WGT home page!  Flash applications that are running on this page in the background (advertisements, friends list, etc.) can impact the meter considerably.  Do not have any other browsers open that have flash content running!
    8. Last Step (optional, if you are comfortable) open the task manager and go to the Processes tab.  Right click on the browser name in the list and 'Set Priority' to 'Above Normal' (I haven't tried going any higher than this)

Seems like a lot, I know, but it actually doesn't take much time, and the improvements are very noticeable for me.  There are still the occasional hiccups, but for the most part I am able to refrain from clicking if I see it happen during the downswing.

***Disclaimer -- Not endorsed by WGT, individual results may vary, freeware download required, see store for details 

lol....name one other game you have to cater too like this...NONE because they have the staff to fix problems such as these...where here their clearly understaffed(unmotivated) and most likely underpaid.

This games f'd, common TWO invite...

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2009 6:27 AM

Can you say "BETA"?  And for the record the ONLY way TWO is even remotely playable for me is with ALL graphics settings at the bare minimum... otherwise it's just a choppy mess.  If you don't want to be constructive and help the people making this game or the people playing this game, there is no place for you here in the forums.  You have made your point, we know you don't like this game.  Please go troll somewhere else.

• jeff26
    97 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2009 7:28 AM

no thanks :)

• donym
    6 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2009 7:52 AM

Thanks Avatar, very clear, informative and above all helpful!  Never occurred to me about the wireless mouse and switching to Google Chrome solved most of the problem. It took only 5 minutes of my time and I will continue to enjoy this great game. Checked out TWO and your comments are right on the mark .

Thanks again.

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2009 8:15 AM

My pleasure!  Glad I could help.

• pompamike
    108 Posts
    Wed, Oct 28 2009 2:03 PM

thanks avatar lee ill try your options

• PAGES
RSS