• PAGES
  • jeff26
    97 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2009 5:57 PM

WGT ADDRESS THIS ISSUE, this is a joke

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2009 10:59 AM

Can you be more specific about the problem? Also, do you have background loading and your putting grid turned off?

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2009 1:37 PM

If I may enter the conversation

I have done everything that has been published on this forum, I have comcast cable, which is rated as one of the fastest services. I have a new sony computer, 3gb memory.

My meter is very uneven. Sometimes it will come down at a "normal" speed, smooth and maybe too easy to control

Sometimes it will stall as it comes down, then accelarate at the speed of light

Sometimes it will hit the excellent, but the shot goes way of target. The other eve on beth, 2nd hole, hit a excellent, ball went far left. My opponent hit, and lo and behold, his ball followed mine

Sometimes it wil start either slow or fast, and then reverse its flow. You can hit your mouse, and it still continues

I hope this helps

thanks

• pompamike
    108 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2009 3:38 PM

i know what you mean  Naughty i for 1 am getting real tired of the glitches in this game you get a decent round going and on 1 hole your whole round can go to pots the swing meter jumps and is never consistant you hit a good shot and it goes 50 someodd yards off target it really takes the fun out of the game for me anyway had to get it off my chest thanks

pompamike

• Elestee
    2 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2009 5:02 PM

I have had numerous occasions that the swing starts even though I still am holding the mouse button down, the swing starts by itself, Mostly noted during putting. A 9 hole tourney was totally lost... all pars except hole 7, this problem started and 3 putts just decided to swing by itself and each one counted as a stroke - took a triple bogie.

Even tried disabling anti-virus protection, still had problem,

• donym
    6 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2009 6:07 PM

I thought I was the only one and I was doing something wrong. I see many suggestions from members on what to do but surely this is a glitch WGT can and should eliminate. Like Elestee, too many unintentional putts and too many GSD balls lost in the rough on Kiawah number 2.

Please do something before my PC follows that 5 iron into the pond. 

• jeff26
    97 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2009 9:13 PM

specific?? the meters so fing laggy its sickening...cant wait for TWO to send me my beta invite...bye bye wgt

yes background loading and putting grid off......

• donym
    6 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2009 2:34 AM

Jeff, excuse my ignorance but what is TWO?

Thanks

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2009 5:27 AM

jeff26:

specific?? the meters so fing laggy its sickening...cant wait for TWO to send me my beta invite...bye bye wgt

yes background loading and putting grid off......

Yo Jeff-I've already hooked a number of people up with my key to TWO. They're off finding out just how much better WGT is. It's kinda like playing Roger Rabbit'.

I'd hook you up but you've earned the snub based on your witless, un-constructive, inflammatory posting all over this site, not to mention your devoted support.

@don-TWO=Tiger WoodsOnline. It's a cartoon golf game.

YJ

p.s., forgive me,Jesus, for not doing as you would here but this guy's off base. I'll do another 5 Hail Marys for you and a good Our Father for Jeff.

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Oct 27 2009 5:36 AM

Elestee:
    I have had numerous occasions that the swing starts even though I still am holding the mouse button down, the swing starts by itself

If you are using a cordless mouse it may explain what you are seeing.  I know when I tried to use the cordless I had at home the 'wireless signal' would get momentarily interrupted as I held the button down adjusting for power, this would result in the game 'thinking' I let go of the button.  There are also issues with the response time when clicking on the perfect line, it can cause you to click quite late.  Try using a wired mouse instead.

As for swing meter stutters, here are some general things*** I do to get the game to run smooth on my bare minimum spec laptop...

1. Close out all visible programs.
    2. Run Gamebooster from IOBit.com (Advanced System Care)
    3. (optional step) use task manager to close out any programs that are safe to turn off, that GameBooster may have missed
    4. Let the system settle for a bit then clear the Ram using SmartRAM (IOBit.com again)
    5. Launch Safari (or other web browser that is NOT the one you use to surf the web normally!!! <-- can't stress this one enough!!)
    6. Launch the gameclient window (may be done with a direct link found elsewhere in the forums) 
    7. Close the WGT home page!  Flash applications that are running on this page in the background (advertisements, friends list, etc.) can impact the meter considerably.  Do not have any other browsers open that have flash content running!
    8. Last Step (optional, if you are comfortable) open the task manager and go to the Processes tab.  Right click on the browser name in the list and 'Set Priority' to 'Above Normal' (I haven't tried going any higher than this)

Seems like a lot, I know, but it actually doesn't take much time, and the improvements are very noticeable for me.  There are still the occasional hiccups, but for the most part I am able to refrain from clicking if I see it happen during the downswing.

***Disclaimer -- Not endorsed by WGT, individual results may vary, freeware download required, see store for details 

• PAGES
RSS